2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: My dream car!

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Review

GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

My dream car!
By Florida Nancy on

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've wanted a Bug since they came out in 1998, but was scared away by the bad repair records. I finally couldn't stand my '03 Camry anymore (what a lousy car!) and traded it for my little silver Beetle. It's terrific and has exceeded my expectations. Don't be afraid of those earlier years' bad reviews. The 2005 is perfect. And many extras are standard on this car.

Exterior is a work of art. Well built and solid. Love the blue dash lights at night. Great stereo (standard AM/FM/CD wit 6 speakers.) Has a jack input for MP3.. very cool! Extremely roomy and comfortable front seats.

Seatbelt warning bell sounds even when passenger seat is empty. I solved the problem by leaving that seatbelt fastened. I removed the back seat headrests for better visibility, will use them when I have back seat passengers, of course. Really have to slam hatchback hard to make sure it's latched.