2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: Just a cute car, not worth it!

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Review

GLS 1.8T Convertible (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Just a cute car, not worth it!
By shannon on

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

For once in my life I wanted a cute car. I got it. Used 2005 GLS lt Blue with a gray top. Yes, I got thumbs up and smiles from perfect strangers. It fit my personality to a T. I made it through the 1st yr, then the back side window broke. right after the warranty ran out! $600 to repair! The other window broke late 2008. I've just dealt with it. The top has now messed up and as I was was hand washing it I saw the top material has pulled away from the back window, water leaking in! Grant it I have 94,000 miles on it. They just don't make them like they used to. I decided it's time for a GOOD car and bought a 2010 Kia Forte Coupe. Yep still FUN, but worth it!

color choices, comfortable seats, lots of head and leg room. Does not feel like a small car.

WINDOWS and plastic parts need to be improved. Too expensive to repair VW's poor quality. I have several friends who have had the same issues and got rid of their car.