2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: Happy Car!

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Review

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible

Happy Car!
By Denise in MI on

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just love my Beetle Conv. This is my second New Beetle and I will probably buy a third. The color is great, it rides great and everywhere I go it makes people smile! It's been a great summer in MI for having the top down! (wind stop purchase recommended) this car even rides great in the snow, I love the ESP feature. The first little slip and sldie and it kickes in. The 6 speed Tiptronic transmission is gonna get me in trouble! It's not the old VW, no charge cards required to scrape the frost off the windshield, it has great heat and air conditioning (People who remember the old VW know what I'm talking about.). All these new features blow people away. Once again it's a happy car, It makes people smile!

I think my favorite feature is the Tiptronic transmission. You can go from full automatic to clutchless shift just by the flick of the wrist and you are off! Watch out for the cops...it could get you a ticket! The vanity mirrors are not needed when the top is down!

The wind stop should come with the car.....after all it's a convertible. They really need to do something about cup holders, they haven't done much with that in the past six years, they are too short and hidden under the dash. They will only hold a small coffee cup.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review