2005 VW Beetle
By Becky Hunter on
2005 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
My first car was a 1957 Beetle and when fuel prices began to rise, I sold my Honda Passport and purchased my 2005 Beetle. I love it, we live in a mountainous region and with four adults in the car, all I have to do is switch my Tiptronic transmission from auto to manual, shift into 5th and I scoot right up the mountains without skipping a beat. It hugs the road and is so much fun to drive, I feel like a teenager again! My 74 year old Father loves to drive it as well and is looking at getting one for my Mom! We are considering another one for my husband, so I can keep him out of mine :) He was surprised at the pep when he drove it for the first time.
Favorite Features
I love the rims and wheels, awesome sound system, height adjustable seats (my husband is 6'2" and slides right in and out), sunroof, and flipdown back seat (my Boxer loves to go for rides).
Suggested Improvements
Give it easier cupholder access for front seats, a deeper glove compartment, allow the front seat to recline completely, and use a lever instead of the knob. Also, hooks and nets in the hatch for holding groceries and bags in place would be nice.