Cute retro looking car.
By lovebug05 on
2005 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
Ive had my 05 Beetle for about 2 years now. I got it with 116k miles and 17k miles on it with no major issues. Although Ive had to replace my battery twice within a year and & half. Major pain to take out and re install. The h1 bulbs for the headlights & fog lights burn out often. Major MAJOR pain in the a** to take the headlights out to put the new bulbs in. The interior dash scratches very easy and the car always smells like crayons in warmer weather. I had to put 1k in replacing the timing belt, water pump, belt tension er, serpentine belt, new tires, brakes just for preventive maintenance.
Favorite Features
I have the shadow metallic blue paint (Very Nice) Love the bucket seats with seat warmers Nice! The Monsoon stereo sounds great w cent 6 disc. Decent sized cargo space when seats are down. Like the forward leaning head rests good support. Car hugs the road well on turns, 6 speed tiptronic transmission shifts nice and is pretty peppy! Sport gear is a blast! Overall body moldings and skirts looks stylish. Love the standard 05 rims that are stock passat wheels.
Suggested Improvements
Wish all Beetles 98-05 had the cup holders installed in the center console like the 06+