2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
My New Topless
By nataphoto on 05/10/05 08:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great product; there is nowhere I go that this little car doesn't raise eyebrows. I have the Harvest mood/beige top GLS 1.8t; VW claimed 150hp, but it feels more powerful. On gas matters, love it.

Great Car and Fun To Drive
By etothesecond on 04/30/05 01:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a great car and the turbo is the only way to go. I have had no problems with this car and it is wonderful!

My vw limited edition convertible
By KAREN DENTZ on 04/29/05 16:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have the special edition, dark flint editiion, the 2.0 Is well worth the price compared to the turbo. You aint going to race anyone in your beatle

My VW Beetle Convertible
By Carol Brown on 04/28/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

This is my third Volkswagen Beetle but my first convertible. The convertible does compromise the trunk space, but you have to pick your battles. My other 2 were 5 speed and this one is automatic. I am torn between the two, but this one does have the 6 speed tiptronic standard without a clutch. I am 48 and thought I should get an automatic this time. I am 5'9" tall and there is plenty of room for me and my passengers. I love my car! Everyone who knows me knows I love it also! I will never drive anything else. I am a VW Beetle woman all the way! I recommend them highly.......everyone in a beetle driving down the highway waves at each other!

I love it!
By annie on 04/28/05 12:13 PM (PDT)

Lots of pick up, great for parking, not as fuel efficient as billed, more trunk space than you would think, tight quarters in back seat - really for two people, much more fun to run errands and grocery shop, easy top to operate, good sound system, terrific heating and defrost system, seat warmers work almost too well. When you put in cd rack - no room for any storage.

Poor mans porsche
By fun in the sun on 04/28/05 11:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I love this car the power top is simple to operate. I t handles great 6 speed transmission automatic is great!!! It does have blind spots when top is up.I think for the money is a wonderful car!!

Volkswagen Beetle Convertible
By Logan on 04/28/05 00:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a Aquarius Blue Beetle Convertible. It is the best car in the world. I'm in High school and this car is perfect for running around and doing errands. Youll look super hott cruising around town in one of these. All my friends think my car is the cutest car ever. When i first got the car i was very worried that the backseat wouldnt be big enough for anything but i found out that is bigger than i thought. I love all the safety features this car has. If i were to somehow flip, the backseat's headrests are actually titanium bars that deploy and keep the car steady so it wouldnt squish anyone and wouldnt have an ugly rollover bar over the top. This car is the cutest and greatest car!

Love it so much, I bought 2!
By nursenancy on 04/17/05 04:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the New Beetle convertible the moment it came out. I had owned a New Beetle hatchback for 2 1/2 years and loved it so much I wanted another one. The convertible has much smaller trunk/storage space than the hatchback. If I have to transport anything that is too big to fit in the trunk, I just put the top down! Seriously, these cars handle great. I often drive mountain roads and the car is so stable. It provides a smooth ride and I get about 35 mpg on the highway. I have had zero trouble with it.

Good clean Bug fun
By T.Eichelberger on 04/17/05 01:09 AM (PDT)

Great style with ample performance gives the Convertable Turbo Bug from Volkswagen a summer experience that is to be enjoyed. It seems that the rigidity of the frame in all convertibles suffer with the removal of the top, and this car is no different. Volkswagen has done an adequate job in reducing body shake vibration and bounce over rough roads without the "handbasket hoop" on other chop top models, but it would be nice if they could go the added yard to bring it up into the M.B. & BMW levels. I still feel that its style is still fresh from its most recient retro makeover and like the fit and finish of the interior and exterior. I find the car a pleasure to own.

luv bug
By isabrooke on 04/16/05 15:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

this is my third vw new beetle and first convertible! i absolutely love it. it's also first ever automatic transmission but with the Tiptronic shifting i feel i'm still in control on curves~ total blast to drive as were previous new beetles. only difference is, the flower doesn't stay it the vase for long with the top down at speeds over 10mph!