2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Fun the sun
By Peach on 05/28/05 20:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought my first convertible...I have always bought vws so i thought i would try out this NEW convertible vw...What a wonderful surprise...Its so much fun to drive and handles like a dream...The new colors are classy and i dont go anywhere without some telling me what a beautiful car it is ...Something tells me THIS ONE is a keeper... Thanks Volkswagen ...It going to be a FUN summer... Lee Anne

VW Beetle Convertible
By Jeffrey on 05/28/05 19:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Great car to drive! Lots of fun. Mechanical problems with the electric roof have been a bit frustrating. Overall a great car for the money.

Aquarius Blue...I luv u
By Connie O' on 05/28/05 18:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned several VW convertibles: a '90 Cabriolet, '96 Cabrio and now my '05 Aquarius Blue Beetle. This is by far the most fun to drive of all of them. Yes the trunk is small, yes the rear seat is not very roomy but we don't buy this type of car for those features. The trunk is roomy enough for a suitcase or groceries and again the fun-factor outweighs all.

VW Beetle ~ Still Alive & Kickn'
By Azure on 05/28/05 14:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's simple. In the 60's and 70's I loved my various VW Bugs, so why not try an updated version? I really feel at home in this car, and I suppose at least in part, that has to do with the fact that my comparatively free-living past is elicited in the experience of driving the new convertible Beetle! (This is also my first VW convertible!) Great gas mileage and most of all the front wheel drive is a welcome change, which at first I feared would ruin it. Also, I strongly suggest spending a little extra for the *turbo.* I have had it with & without. Trust me ~ the extra cash spent is well worth it!

I love the bug!
By Laura on 05/28/05 14:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my VW Bug convertable for almost a year and a half and I totally love it! It drives smoothly, it looks hot, and you can get it in fun colors! I wouldnt be happier with any other car. Its fun and you will be more than happy to dirve it. I've never had any problems with it either, never! Enjoy the car, I know you will!

VW stands behind their work :)
By Chris on 05/28/05 08:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought an 04 2.0 litre convertable that was a piece of junk but VW stood behind their work and replaced it with an 05 turbo for a very very small contribution from myself and I could not be happier this car is awesome and so far has been trouble free :) for anyone buying one they are very low profile and I would suggest the 17 inch rims, they give you a bit more ground clearance, the 04 had 16's and drug her butt everywhere the 05 has 17's and never bottoms out. I would also recommend the turbo over the 2.0 litre it performs much beter and doest use any more gas than the slow 2.0 litre.

happy to drive!
By Laurie Deadrick on 05/27/05 10:12 AM (PDT)

So far, so good. This car is fun to drive (turbo gives extra power) and is great on gas.

Love it!!!!!
By Randal1000 on 05/20/05 18:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible Dark Flint Edition 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I just finished a 5000 mile trip with my wife and couldn't be happier. We're not small people either. The vehicle is as advertised and a real attention getter.

Too much fun!
By Ann on 05/12/05 00:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 1.8T 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have to admit it...this is a fun car. The turbo gives it a lot of pick up, especially when you're merging into traffic. You can't help but feel young and happy when driving it. It sure does beat my mini-van!

It's great ...
By Ky on 05/11/05 22:45 PM (PDT)

This car is the perfect car for a teenage in high school or college. My parents bought me one last October, and it has worked great for me. I went fromm a 2001 4Runner to this and it is much easier to drive. I would recommend this car to any parent thinking about buying a car for their child. Even my guy friends think it is one of the best drives they have ever driven when they get behind the wheel. The only think they are againt is the color i picked... mellow yellow, but i love it and thats all that matters right. My neighbors loved the car so much they went out and bought the exact same one color and everything. Overall its a great car.