2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
My dream car!
By Florida Nancy on 04/26/05 15:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've wanted a Bug since they came out in 1998, but was scared away by the bad repair records. I finally couldn't stand my '03 Camry anymore (what a lousy car!) and traded it for my little silver Beetle. It's terrific and has exceeded my expectations. Don't be afraid of those earlier years' bad reviews. The 2005 is perfect. And many extras are standard on this car.

Everyone should own a beetle
By Animalia26 on 03/03/05 18:25 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The VW Beetle is a great little car. It combines fuel economy with performance & legendary VW handling. The crash test data speaks for itself. (One of the safest small cars I could find) All you need to do is go test drive one and you will be hooked. I drove mine and I fell in love. Good things come in small packages :)

The best car ever
By Shari on 01/22/05 10:00 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is the best car ever. All my friends love it. It is easy to drive, and a smooth ride. The interior is spacious, and you don't feel cramped at all. It was the best buy I made. When my Beetle is done with, I am definitely going to buy another one.

Not your old Beetle
By James Adams on 01/08/05 08:53 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my third new Beetle. In fact there are two in the family now. I love this car. It is so fun to drive! The quality of construction is second to none. It has excellent German technology and drives great. Don't be fooled by the size of the car. A 6'6" man can easily be comfortable inside. I love the way it performs. It is also very comfortable for those long trips. All those nice little touches and electronic gadets make it easy and fun to operate. It has a lot of convenience features. Like I said we have two in the family and won't hesitate to buy again. Two items that Volkswagen needs to add are: 1. A digital compass. 2. A coin holder. These are only minor inconveniences though.

Beetle
By alicat715@aol.com on 12/11/04 14:57 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I thought this would be a fun, cool car and I hate it!! I can't wait to get out of my lease. It's cute...and that's about it. Every perk about the car is cosmetic. It looks nice. That's about the only thing I like about it. The cup holders are small...only can use one. The engine is small--NO power. I had an 8 yr old ask me, "Bugs are slow, huh?" b/c there is no power. I should have got the turbo engine...I might have been a little more satisfied.

2005 Beetle GL 5sd manual
By aloisio on 11/23/04 13:16 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Extremely solid vehicle, very responsive to driver command. Good not great acceleration, excellent drivetrain, with smooth shifting and ultra sensitive clutch manipulation. Steering articulates well with little to no tire slippage under severe cornering. Wonderful interior ergonomics and ease of operation. Easy to read clear gauge panel with good back light. Very comfortable seating and adjustability. Overall just a GREAT car!