2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Fun in the sun, but stormy reliability.
By bugawff on 04/05/08 16:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible Dark Flint Edition 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in my Volvo s60 for this cute top down car. Thought German car would be better than Swedish. Have had the car in for speaker, gas lid, windows, wipers, etc. Everything seems to be falling apart. Had the driver side window fixed about 5 times, they can't seem to get it right. One day on low gas my gas tank lid wouldn't click open, good thing I was close to a dealer and they opened it for me, but couldn't fix it at the moment had to wait 2 weeks for that. Gas mileage is ok, could be better. Trunk space you can't even fit in a beach chair. AND if you are thinking of taking friends with you for a fun ride hope the ones sitting in the back are kids, small kids.

Why I won't buy another VW
By DrRix on 01/29/08 15:17 PM (PST)

I have been leasing the '05 VW New Beetle Convertible, a special edition in dark flint with a red top, red wheel trim, red leather seats. I've never gotten more compliments, and never driven anything that completely feel apart on me before, even when I had an old Toyota truck with no power steering and a leaking oil tank. Parts just fall right off this car - seat headrests, the glove compartment handle, the sideview mirror adjustment knob, random plastic parts that I don't even know where they came from. German cars used to be good, but these aren't made in Germany anymore, and they are CRAP. Don't buy!!

Fun, Fun, Fun!
By Teresa on 10/09/05 19:12 PM (PDT)

I traded in a Lincoln Aviator on this car and I don't miss it a bit! The 2005 Volkswagen Beetle is sooo much fun to drive and turns heads daily. I love it, love it, love it!!!!

New Beetle "Flint Edition" Convertible
By steve645 on 09/01/05 20:28 PM (PDT)

This car is fun to drive. It's easy on the wallet when it comes to the gas pump. It is roomy enough for two adults or two adults and two kids under 5 feet tall (rear seat). I have only had it for three weeks, but it seems like a good choice for a sub-compact. If they would've had the turbo diesel, we would've gotten it.

Love it!!!!!
By Randal1000 on 05/20/05 18:59 PM (PDT)

I just finished a 5000 mile trip with my wife and couldn't be happier. We're not small people either. The vehicle is as advertised and a real attention getter.