2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: What Fun!

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Review

What Fun!
By bbg on

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am having a wonderful time driving this car! It handles beautifully and brings an element of fun to my dull, everyday driving. Just put the top down and go! Even strangers make comments about how great looking the car is. It has a zip to its acceleration. We have had four of us ride comfortably, and the trunk has room, more than you would expect (15 plastic grocery bags worth of room!). Its gas mileage is excellent, and I don't cry when I fill up at $3.00 a gallon. The roof has not had one drip or leak even in the heavy rain. This car has surprised me with its many small touches of thoughtful design (e.g. the cupholder that moves right to accommodate a large size bottle). A+ choice!

The electric convertible top is this car's "knock one out of the park" feature. I really like the heated seats, the "four windows at once" button, the security key, the front and side airbags,and the moving cup holder. This car even came with a solar panel to charge the battery!

I would suggest a CD player (already available on newer models) and clearer directions for taking care of the top.