Traded in my BMW for this
By andydrew86 on
2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I've been used to luxury and honestly this VW is not bad. Asian cars are always skimpy on features, and performance. German cars are just as reliable, have tons of technology in them, but do cost way more to maintain. I got it with 78K and put 10K more. I have had no problems at all. The Turbo is so FUN. I Guess it depends where you buy your car from. I got mine from Carmax, I would definitely recommend them. BTW the stereo is GREAT, it seriously rivals the one I had in the BMW 745. I have the optional 17" wheels and sport suspension. This car is SO FUN TO DRIVE, and doesn't put me to sleep like the BMW
Favorite Features
Power convertible top is quick and easy. Sport suspension makes driving fun. Turbocharged engine adds so much more power. Love the sound of the turbo! Seats are so comfy, especially if you are a male. (They don't squeeze your jewels) Traction Control, 10-Speaker Monsoon Stereo One-Touch button that controls all the windows. Love the look of the car, even though it's not exactly macho. Great build quality, better than expected. Easy to get into back seats. Constantly surprised at how much I can fit in the trunk.
Suggested Improvements
Rear seat is cramped. Can't see crap when you back up, I have to be VERY cautious and roll down all the windows when I do, because the convertible top makes seeing an approaching car while backing up impossible. If you own a soft top, do not engage in road rage, you will regret it, my mom has always warned me about that. But this car makes kids and other ppl smile anyhow.