2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: Second Childhood / Cool car

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Review

Second Childhood / Cool car
By Dottiegarrison on

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking for anything but another minivan. My sons all have their own cars now and my daughter and I were looking for something fun. She's 9 and I am 45. I remembered my fathers VW bug and it brought back many good memories. We bought a mello-yellow VW (2004) convertible bug. The car is fun, handles well and we love the car!! The VW stero/radio and CD player in the car is fantastic! I drive a lot for work and now I can blast the beach boys on the CD player with the top down/work/save on gas (the milage is great)/all with a smile on my face. I would buy the car again! Even my 18 year old son says the sound system is awsome!

The car handles well and is very good in bad weather. It handled well driving through Huricane Alex in North Carolina recently. The stero system won't be beat! I love the convertible top, even with arthritis I can open/close it by myself!

It could use more storage space for purse/change and a place to keep papers when the top is down. More cup holders and an ashtray. I'd like to have one with onstar! Is there a way to reduce the dust that gathers daily on the large dash??