Orange you a fun car?
By Bob Twofifty on
2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I've only had the car a month. It is a fun car to drive, and gets noticed. I ordered the Sundown Orange and it reminds me of a little hot rod. I had read reviews that the car was underpowered, but I have had no problems with pick-up or top end speed. All of the controls are well marked and easily operated. The GLS comes standard with alloy wheels, 4 wheel disc brakes, cloth interior and cassette deck. I added heated seats and a 6 disc player in the console and still paid under list. I've owned a lot of cars, both foreign and domestic and barring a major catastrophy, this is the best car I've ever owned.
Favorite Features
My last car was a base Jeep Wrangler (base, as in no radio, no air, no doors, etc.) So I am enjoying all the features. My wife drives a Land Rover, and I feel the power options on this car are better laid out and perform better.
Suggested Improvements
I don't want for anything when I am in this car. If you want a Beetle it's got everything you need. If you want a Ferarri or Mercedes, then you should buy that car to get your added power or luxury.