Beware of Electrical Problems
By Kristen on
2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
Even though this car is absolutely darling, it has had numberous electrical problems. I have had my car in about five times for electrical problems. Windows unaligned causing rain to come in, not going back up or down, radio stays on when key is removed door shut and locked, air bag light on, coolant light on, tail lights going out several times and the dealership just does not care about it at all. I am trading it in and going back to Toyota. I will miss my little bug but it's unreliable. Good thing I don't work, I would be fired for the times I have been without a car and unable to go anywhere. I am afraid to take it on a road trip. Purchase a Toyota or Honda.
Favorite Features
Convertible, cuteness, comfort and such a blast to drive. Children just love to look at it, everyone smiles at me when I am driving around in it. It really is the cutest little thing.
Suggested Improvements
The trunk is hard to close, cup holders are too short and in the wrong spot. VW needs to work on their customer service. They do not care at all about their customers. Remember, it is the customers that keep you in business and we have many automakers to choose from.