2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: A Car With Personality

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Review

A Car With Personality
By Pinkmartini on

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I picked it over the BMW and Mercedes CLK convertible. It says, "I'm fun and I'm happy" whereas the other convertible say, "I'm a snob." VW is one of the only convertible that doesn't strive to something it's not. It's not trying to be a luxury car. This car has so much more personality. Being a former BMW driver, I surprised myself when I picked the VW (fully loaded). I live in California, so I have the top down all the time. I can't even begin to tell you the number of people that give me compliments on it...while I am driving my car. My whole family loves it and sometimes I find my car missing because someone else borrowed it.

The sound system is awesome. My favorite has to be the butt warmers. I also like the solar powered battery charger.

There is a cigarette lighter thing to charge your cell phone in, but there is not actually a cigarette lighter. Be careful with the windblocker. I've scratched the paint of in places just trying to take it off and put it on.