Used 2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

I Love Beetles
By Nancy

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I really enjoy this car. I was hesitant at first to get one, but now am so glad I did! It is great on gas, fun to drive, and very comfortable. There is much more room inside than one would expect in a small car. I have the 1.8 turbo. It is a great performer and so fun to drive. It handles really well. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for better gas mileage without sacrificing fun and performance.

This car is fun, has an ergonomic interior design, along with cute rounded exterior styling and a choice of bright summer colors. It has a great sound system and performance, too.

I can't think of a thing. It's perfect as is.

Do not buy this car
By Carrie

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The first week I owned by brand new Beetle, the alternator went out on it. Since then, I have brought it in for so many other problems, I can't name them all. From three window motors breaking, to flooding when it rains through the door, to stalling, to a faulty CD changer. The car is not built right. For the asking price, it's not worth it and it's not a reliable car. Mine isn't the only lemon, a friend of mine has one that had its top get's stuck and not come back up. It's been in the shop for that two times. Sorry, but I've tried to get the dealer to take my car back more than five times. Warning!

I love this car
By Holly

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car ever and even if I could have any car in the world I would still want this one!

I really like the flower vase. I think it gives the car its charm.

It should have a little more power.

Love this Bug
By Momsmoose

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My wife has always wanted a Bug ragtop. This is our first convertible and we just love it. It rides well, looks great, and really goes. Ours is a silver, 1.8 Liter Turbo with a black top and black leather. It also has the low profile tires and custom wheels. An older gentleman asked me if it was a Porsche, so I told him, Why yes it is! While no Boxster, it's great fun. Do yourself a favor and buy one!

The power top works great, the Tiptronic in manual mode is neat, it has a good sound system, the rear seat wind deflector.

Improve the turbo lag and the trunk is like a big glove compartment.

Yep Yep my Bug is Sexy!
By Cheetoz

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I absoluety love my bug! I'm a new driver and it's really easy learning to drive in it. You just feel good when driving. It makes you comfortable. You're not at all worried about who's going to see you in some busted up lemon. Confidence is key, if you feel good about what you're driving, you drive well. It's gotten to the piont of being annoying, because most of my friends are talking about getting one. So to keep from falling into the crowd make sure it's personalized from the licsense plate to the extra long dashbroad!

The six cd changer.

Personalize everything you can.