2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Buy a New Beetle! You will be so happy!
By Gsusfsh on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have been very happy with my New Beetle. If I could buy a new car agian I would buy a new beetle again. The only difference might be a convertible. There are so many different surprises in the features. It says "limited cargo room" but come on! It's a 2 door car! I am impressed about the amount of room in the car. You can also let the back seat down which greatly increases the amount of cargo room. Baby car seats also fit well in the back seat because of the anchors build into the seats for that very reason. I love my car!!!

Super Turbo Fun Bug
By Royce 1 on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Most fun car I have ever owned. Reliable, low cost, good economy and "QUICK"! 130MPH no problem. Great features and stable as a rock on a long trip. Even at "freeway" speeds -- HA AH! Put over 3,000 miles on it over New Years and was totally pleased. Great car. Very little fatigue and that's saying something for an old scudder - I'm 64 years old...

Better than expected
By wingate on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car at the insistance of my wife who spent her teen aged years in a VW bug. I expected a crampled interior and poor performance but was plesantly surprised. Get the turbo!..just don't look under the hood...this car can only be serviced by a VW electronic engineer!

They aint like they use to be!
By Waterford on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Interior upholstry impossible to clean. Interior door handles peel - very poor quality of rubber coating. They don't make them like they use to.

drove it, bought it, love it.
By poppy doing on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

i'm 48, retired, and this is the least expensive car i've ever purchased since getting out of school. i still have and love my v-8 landcruiser, but i drive the beetle as much as possible --- more fun for the buck than any vehicle! i thought it might just be the 6-speed that was so much fun, so i considered trading for a 350z or an rx8 --- drove both ---no way! beetle is more comfortable, roomy, smooth, and makes me feel smart for saving so much money. it's clearly not the best performer you can buy, but unless you have a need to race everyone on the road, it's satisfying. this is a great car and an unbelievable value.

My Second Beetle
By bluebeetlebear on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

This is the second beetle I have owned, my first was a 2001 glx turbo 5 speed, I then got a 2003 jetta gls turbo, but I missed the beetle so much I traded back to a 2004 gls turbo beetle...WOW what a fantastic car! I love everything about the beetle.

Turbo S named MAX
By wldwsel on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Great car. Fun to drive - lots of features. My first new car was a 68 VW Bug, so I can can compare and say this one has all the things you would have wanted if you could have afforded to modify it, plus it's much larger inside.

2004 model is a winner
By DJRHINO on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The 2004 GLS model is very fun and nice to drive. It's a joy to travel in. We like the classy design of the alloy wheels for 2004, and the now standard Monsoon Audio system. Handling in the curves is great, and makes one not want to put the car back into the garage at the end of the day.

Best Car
By katja on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Best car that I have ever driven...period.

I LOVE MY SLUG BUG
By BUGABOO on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE THE NEW BEETLE. IT'S THE FUNNEST CAR I HAVE EVER DRIVEN. WOULDN'T GIVE IT UP FOR ANYTHING, UNLESS ITS A BEETLE CONVERTIBLE!!! IT'S GOT A TON OF HEAD ROOM AND VERY ROOMY REAR SEAT. MY DAD IS 6'4" TALL AND RIDES COMFORTABLY IN THE BACK SEAT.