2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Fun to drive
By Terry Comstock on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

We've had no problems!

This is a great car!
By bug owner on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We love this car! It makes us smile and whenever we drive it other people smile and wave. It is great with the top down and quiet with the top up. We put one of those hood covers (used to be called a bra) on it and it looks even sportier. .

my m&m bug
By frannie on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

i won this car she is tough

my convertable
By monicamonkey on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

the car has the get up and go

Loads of fun
By Merrily on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Takes ten years off your age. You feel life again...Happy 50th birthday to me!

Lemon
By dfalasch on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The top broke within the first three months, stuck open, less than 2,000 miles. It took 3 tries for the dealership to fix it, and still not sure if it is fixed for good. The windows were part of a recall (clamps loosened so they added adhesive post production). Never got the recall notice, but the windows rattled so bad it sounded like it was falling apart. The last time I got the car back they misaligned the driver side window so that is hits the stops and makes a clunk. In addition, the windows still all rattle like the car was put together with Elmers glue. VW has a history of window problems. The sound system makes a loud hissing sound.

buggin in USA
By mike RICE on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

wE HAD A BUG WHEN i WAS YOUNGER. ALWAYS WANTED ANOTHER. THIS CAR HAS BEEN AN EYE CATCHER. EVERYONE SMILES WHEN WE DRIVE BUY. WE LOVE THE CAR OVERALL...RIDES NICER THAN MY MAXIMA. ONLY THINGS WE DONT LIKE, THE RADIO IS TERRIBLE FOR RECEPTION DUE TO SMALL ANTENNA. NO CD PLAYER STANDARD. HAD EVERY OPTION UNDER THE SUN AND NO CD..COMEON.

Fun Bug
By Ladycat600 on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

There have been some problems with the window mechanisms, and a recall on the window bolts, but other than those inconveniences, this car is without a doubt a FUN car to own. It is very attractive, with many comments from passerby's on the attractiveness and admired changes in spaciousness, including an impressive sized trunk.I enjoy listening to the camaraderie of "bug lovers" memories shared with me while sitting at stop lights( with the top down.) It is a sharp, peppy, fun car to drive! If you want FUN at a reasonable price, the Turbo Bug Convertible is THE CHOICE!

My Lemon
By SmartyPantsGirl on 07/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My new beetle convertible was in the shop over twenty times in a six month period! The top broke a total of sixteen times, the windows stopped rolling up and down, my transmission went out at 4,000 miles, my brakes failed me while on the freeway at 6,000 miles, it puffed out all kinds of white smoke... It was a mess- do yourself a favor and save your time and money, I filed the lemon the law and got all of my momey back.

I love my car!!
By tehj151 on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had this car for just three months. The only thing I can say negative is that the seats are not very comfortable to sit in for any length of time. I keep a pillow in the drivers seat behind my back to help with back pain.