2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
One great "fun loving" car!
By Dawn Morton on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Comfort beyond any expectation. Smooth riding and reasonably responsive. Absolutely no driver fatigue over long distances. Wind noise is minimal with top down. Build quality is exceptional for a car costing so little. Has very "solid" feel". To our surprise, we enjoy this car as much for long distance driving as we do for around town transportation. We own two Mercedes and a GMC Yukon. We love our Bug the best!

Front & Rear Impact
By Dora on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I actually have a 2005 Beetle Conv. I was hit from the rear by an SUV doing @ 40-45 mph. I was at a stop. The impact pushed me into & under the Ford F150 in front of me, and pushed us both through the intersection. My air bag deployed and my rear seat roll over protection deployed. My car was a total loss at an estimate in excess of $21,000. I bought another beetle.

everybody's lookin'
By A Craig on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had VW bugs, both sedans and conv. over the years- a. 56 bug b. 62 bug c. 64 bug conv. d. 71 Ghia conv. e. 78 Super bug conv. I just wanted another, never had a new one; but this time I wanted lots of features and comfort with thew VW bug aura. Everyone in the the whole neighborhood wanted rides in it- they still do! Great fun! Great feeling!

My beetle & Me
By clc2580 on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When the New Beetle Hatchback came out in 1998, I knew that I wanted have one as my very own. But once the word was out about the Convertible I had to get it instead. I own a Sundown Orange one w/black-grey interior....which was very hard to get (limited availibity in NJ) and I absoultely love it! Great handling, quiet smooth ride, love the blue and red dash...rear seats are more spacious than I thought. Trunk space is a little disappointing, but the head room and "open" feel of the interior makes up for it. It's almost like a clown car...looks so small outside, but once inside you feel so comfortable. My tallest friends (at around 6'2") fit without any trouble. Limited glove box storage....

luvmybug
By krislvsbug on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far so good. I have had a few interior issues ie: Window sensor briken after first mont, passenger side reare seat handle broke off after little use but dealer very easy to deal with and issues not large enough to upset me. Get more people stopping me and talking about my car. Even my husband loves to drive :)

Over the Moon
By HarvestMoon Babe on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Recently, I purchased a Harvest Moon Beige VW Beetle Convertible. I must say that I am enjoying this car tremendously. It is so much fun to drive, so much so, that sometimes I am disappointed when I reach my destination. I have not had a problem with my car thus far. The exterior looks great, the interior is "slamming" and the sound system is fantastic. I love the interior lights and the CD player. I am totally satisfied with my purchase. Indeed, when driving this car, one gets lots of stares, smiles, and thumbs up!

The convertible beetle I own
By Tom Ratliffe on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

handling, manuevability excellent. Gas milage not outstanding but satisfactory. Overall, a fine car for roaming around the island.

fun car but needs few minor changes
By dude in da bug on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

vehicle extremely fun to drive,especially with top down.would be nice if they would offer v-6 but the turbo is more than adequate

Second Childhood / Cool car
By Dottiegarrison on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I was looking for anything but another minivan. My sons all have their own cars now and my daughter and I were looking for something fun. She's 9 and I am 45. I remembered my fathers VW bug and it brought back many good memories. We bought a mello-yellow VW (2004) convertible bug. The car is fun, handles well and we love the car!! The VW stero/radio and CD player in the car is fantastic! I drive a lot for work and now I can blast the beach boys on the CD player with the top down/work/save on gas (the milage is great)/all with a smile on my face. I would buy the car again! Even my 18 year old son says the sound system is awsome!

Fun for me!
By suzzyq on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the most fun car I own. Also have a convertible Mercedes SLK and a Mercedes M Class. Would not have as my only car. But as a fun second car you can't beat it. I get more compliments, waves, grins and conversations than any car I have ever had and I have had a lot.