2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Reviews 6

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Fun, fun, fun
By Brenda Siewert on 04/06/05 14:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a great convertible that would be reliable transportation. This VW convertible never fails to turn heads and get a smile from everyone. We flew to Nashville, TN to pick it up and drove it back to Austin, TX. For 2 over 50 baby-boomers, it was a surprisingly smooth ride home. Very impressed with the power top and pep of the 2.0 liter automatic. It's a second car that's a fun weekend driver, but a very small area for luggage and other passengers. Worth the money. VW is a great automobile.

My dream car
By Laura on 03/06/05 14:08 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only owned my Beetle GLS convertible for two weeks but I just love it. I have wanted a Beetle since the 1970's so this is a dream come for me. The ride is great and it is very fun to drive. I even put the top down last weekend even though it was 30 degrees outside. It was worth it!! Can't wait for Spring.

Fun, Sexy and Sassy
By Daga,Utah on 01/11/05 02:04 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2004 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible was my dream car, and it still is. Since the day I bought it I didn't have to do anything but oil changes. Nothing is breaking, everything works just like it's designed to. The only one thing I could compalin about it's the gas mileage.

new owner and loving it
By Buggy Bob on 01/05/05 13:53 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We just bought this car and we love it. The ride is solid and smooth. The interior feels really spacious when your inside but when you look at it from the outside it looks smaller. Optical illusions....very cool.

Maintenance is too High!
By jt on 12/20/04 20:55 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car is beautiful and drives beautifully, however the cost of simple things like brake jobs is too high and it is always a battle to get "Warranty" work done. The dealership claims that simple brake pads cost me $172.00 just for the pads for the front of the car. I was quoted over $400.00 just to replace the pads for the front of the car. I think that is inappropriate for a supposed economy car. Read below as well about the two times I have been stranded.

1ST FUN CAR
By YOUNG 68 GUY on 12/16/04 01:56 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Might be oldest bug buyer of 04. Enter/ exiting very important for this senior; tested many small size convertibles, by far my volks the winner. The quietness with top up (not a rattle) is sedan like. Goose the turbo, wind in my face, smoothly hugging the road...thrilling. Old guy/gal friends are very comfort impressed. Purchased 10 new cars but never before went for a drive just because it was fun !!!

awesome car
By babyblu766896 on 12/04/04 14:42 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I bought a new Beetle as a gift for myself and i really love my car. Its peppy around town and gives me great mileage. I do have some gripes though (interior lighting) and automatic transmission. There are a few other gripes but they arent that serious. I do love the handling and the visibility at nighttime. Overall I love my car but i dont think i would buy one again.

This bug is a lemon in disguise
By fitz5678 on 12/01/04 13:42 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just 19 months old, in the shop 5 times, each time 2-5 days. Recalled for top, still broken, mildew smells, radio volume too high. Mechanically sound, but asthetically bogus. Dealership still has followed through and now doesn't return calls. Arghhh

Sad Cute Car
By Heather Maurer on 11/10/04 16:33 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Unfortunately, I have had to bring my car in 5 times for repairs. 4 times because the automatic convertible roof wouldn't go up and 1 time because the motor in the back electric window broke. I love the look, feel and drive of this car and I am completely disgusted and greatly disappointed with the convertible top not working properly. According to the dealership, I am not using due diligence when opening the trunk when the top is down. They are indicating that the top is getting stuck in the trunk which is causing it not to go up and that it is my responsibility to make sure this doesn't happen. This sounds like a design flaw to me!

Great Car
By janet brown-wooten on 11/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my VW Comvertible Beetle, I own the Turbo, black,cream interior. This car has great pick-up speed, comfortable, reliable, and very sleek looking.