Used 2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

Excellent
By noiuu

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my new easter egg blue beetle. I love it~~~~~~

Favorite Features

My favorit feature is the vase in the car!

Suggested Improvements

None

watch out for roof problems
By retailgod

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Beetle for a little over 3 weeks and the dealership has had it for 10 of those days. There has been a problem twice with the roof not closing completely and freezing. Have had to have the motors replaced for the top. Hopefully that is the last of it. Otherwise, a real head turner and alot of fun to drive.

Orange you a fun car?
By Bob Twofifty

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the car a month. It is a fun car to drive, and gets noticed. I ordered the Sundown Orange and it reminds me of a little hot rod. I had read reviews that the car was underpowered, but I have had no problems with pick-up or top end speed. All of the controls are well marked and easily operated. The GLS comes standard with alloy wheels, 4 wheel disc brakes, cloth interior and cassette deck. I added heated seats and a 6 disc player in the console and still paid under list. I've owned a lot of cars, both foreign and domestic and barring a major catastrophy, this is the best car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

My last car was a base Jeep Wrangler (base, as in no radio, no air, no doors, etc.) So I am enjoying all the features. My wife drives a Land Rover, and I feel the power options on this car are better laid out and perform better.

Suggested Improvements

I don't want for anything when I am in this car. If you want a Beetle it's got everything you need. If you want a Ferarri or Mercedes, then you should buy that car to get your added power or luxury.

My Dream BUGGIE!!
By esmeraldamd

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently earned my bachelors degree in elementary education. I was hired as a 4th grade teacher in May, and I new my first major purchase was going to be a bettle. I was going to go with the regular hatchback, but once I got to the dealership, I fell in love with the convertible. I love everything about my galactic blue baby! Oh, my convertible has a Tiptronic transmission that allows me to drive my buggie as an automatic or standard. It is fun to drive and it causes a great comotion as I drive by with the top down.

Favorite Features

I love almost everything about my ragtop! The instrumentation panel and radio are illuminated with a cool blue and red light. The top is very easy to put down and back up and who can forget the unmistakable body design. It's so cute!!!

Suggested Improvements

I wish that the rear seats folded down like the hatchback. It would also be nice to have a CD player as a standard feature.

Just Lovin' My Bug!
By Bug Lover

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

FUN! FUN! FUN! The best car I've ever owned for the "FUN" factor. Not only is it cute, it drives like a dream. Is very smooth. The 2 complaints I have, are that the steering wheel and column does not have enough range and positions. And, the seat belts are awkward to grab ahold of. Other than that I love my BUG!

Favorite Features

The convertible top is my #1 favorite feature. I also like the heated seats and the blinkers in the side mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

The steering column and steering wheel need more range and positions. Also, the seatbelts need to be redesigned so that they are easier to get a hold of.