2004 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
VW Beatle TDI
By doctour on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

The TDI is a great performer and a wonderful car for everyday and for traveling. My wife and I are very happy with the 40 miles per gallon, and we've really enjoyed the trips we've taken in it. I've been driving Mercedes for the last 15 years, so this was a real change, but I'm glad I made the switch. We've had very few problems and none mechanically.

Beetle
By cretal on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We've only had this car for a month, but I loved it from the minute I got it. It's so much fun to drive especially with the top down.

Seriously in love
By arlene on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It was love at first sight. I bought this Harvest Moon VW covertible with beige leather seats that heat up for prolonges weather changes/ convertible riding. It gets alot of positive attention on the road. feels safe at 80 miles per hour. only downside is rear visabilty. But I highly reccomend it.

Topless fun in TX
By Kevin_pharmd on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Wife and I bought it about 2 weeks ago and we can't stop driving it. We had a bit of trouble finding the Aq Blue with to options we wanted, but the dealer took care of of. The car is absolute fun to drive, handles corners at 55mph w/o problems, rides low and fast. Auto is fun with tiptronic and seat warmers great in the fall. Warning lights hard to see on dash when sun in behind you. You have to get you one!

Waht a FUN Car
By Nedra on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love it, I love it, I love it. They could do away with the swing over cup holder and possible intigrate a pop open cup holder. I wish you could come up with the front blinker lights on the front wheel fenders like the old ones. You did a great job of the chrome along the side, now lets see more of it around the headlights and taillights. I love it, I love it, I love it. Thank you