Used 2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Great Car, Poor Volkswagen Quality
By Kaye on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When I first got in my Beetle I smiled but after 1200 miles I had a frown. The front seats bolsters had premature wear on them!! I took it to the dealer they replaced them under warranty, but they are still showing some wear. The ride is smooth, it handles great(it is a little heavy) I love it. I am noticing that when you open the door and the window lowers a 1/4 inch it somtimes hangs on the roof when I close the door.

I finally got one!
By roniraes on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have wanted a beetle for 19 yrs and I finally have it! It was worth the wait. I love the way it handles and the ease of just dropping the top. I think everyone should have one excellent de-stressing tool. : )

The most fun car on the road
By Luka82271 on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I got my VW Convertible as soon as they were fairly available and I have to say, this is by far the most fun car I've ever had. Top down or top up it's zippy and styled so well. You would never regret owning this

Fun Fun Fun
By HoosierRealtor on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2004 VW Beetle Convertible in Sept. 2003. I had a sunflower yellow Beetle prior to it for 4 years.

Punch Buggy, MellowYellow
By NancyB on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I love my VW! It is stylish, fun, comfortable and cute. It has enough room for two adults and two small kids, as long as luggage is not a priority but it isn't a car for a long trip for other than two. The back seat is too upright but there is plenty of room in the front. The fit and finish is excellent and the top is tight and dry. Overall, it is the most fun car I have even owned.

Love the bug
By Neus on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Initially had some problems with the top. The problem has since been fixed and works perfectly now. A little bit of trouble at first in getting the boot on without a lot of elbow grease and sweat. Now it's easy. There's not a lot of storage space in the car since I used up the arm rest with the CD player but the trade off for the wonderful sound system is worth it. The back seat is great for groceries but forget passengers for anything more than a short ride. Riders sit low at a 90 degree angle with not a lot of leg room. I bought the wind screen so that uses up the back seat anyway but it's a worthwhile purchase.

Love my BHAPPY car!
By PattiP on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My second New Beetle. This 2003 Aquarius color convert has none of the electical quirks of my first 98. I've had it now for 9 months and have been nothing but happy with it...in New England weather. Added weight of the top makes it even more stable for slippery driving. Love that top down!

The best of everything
By 6'10" in Dallas on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned virtually every American car and the better German sedans. I have never had a car "draw a crowd" of admirers like my new VW convertable. The design is perfect - the head room and leg room is more than in my SUV - not to forget that 12 or 13 gallons in it does what 30 gallons used to do.

Topless... :)
By ToplessBeetle on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Definitely a great car! There are people who think they're chick cars, but most people love 'em! It's a comfortable drive and the tiptronic adds to the fun. Can't wait to take a road trip in it!

Can't Believe I Own One...
By Maggys on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I love my convertible!!! I keep checking my garage to make sure it is still there. It is the cream color car with the beige top. My other car is an Infinite I-35 and I still drive it, but my convertible is my 'second-childhood' car. I wanted it for months and finally got my husband to go to the dealer with me. It really drives well. The engine sounds really great and the transmission shifts smoothly. It really sounds like an expensive sports car. I can't wait to drive it tomorrow morning. It has alot of power for a 4-cyl. I am so-o-o-o lucky to own my 2004 VW Beetle. Thanks, VW!!!