2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
HEAD TURNER WITH FLAWS
By shelter on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The V.W. sundown orange attracts lots of attention,all positive from both sexes. The ride is very hard and the level and frequency of noise and rattles is excessive and annoying. Most of the rattles etc eminates from the door-body area.as well as the convertible top. In spite of the noise and ride it is fun to drive.

Beware!
By msmollon on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

1st month top would'nt go down took 6 weeks to repair after my wife threatened the Corp office. 8th month would'start two weeks to repair said they replaced the starter. one week later the same problem currently at the dealer can't wait for the same problem to arise so we can initiate the LEMON LAW!

only a bug
By marthap on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i love my convertible bug. i have had 3 bugs in my life. a 72 convertible that was really hard to get worked on so as much as i hated to i sold it. then in 2001 i bought a new bug and then in 2003 when having the oil changed in my bug i bought a 2004 convertible bug - mellow yellow. i haven't had alot of "without" top time yet since i bought it end of fall early winter but i'm looking forward to summer fun. i am counting on this being my last car.

Sassy
By nirefry on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wouldn't trade my VW for anything. The only problem that I'm having with my little topless bug is that other people are jealous that they don't have one, too.

IT'S A TON OF FUN - SOLID PERFORMER
By PALAW2004 on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

BOUGHT AS CAR FOR WEEKEND FUN, IT HAS BEEN ABSOLUTELY GREAT. BACK SEAT IS FINE FOR KIDS. HEATED FRONT SEATS ARE EXCELLENT. 5 SPEED MANUAL TURBO PROVIDES PLENTY OF PUNCH. MONSOON SOUND IS ALSO EXCELLENT. I GET MORE SATISFACTION FROM DRIVING THIS BEETLE THAN MY OTHER GERMAN CAR (BMW). IF YOU WANT TO GET AWAY FROM DRIVNG LARGE SUV TYPE VEHICLES AND WANT TOP DOWN FUN, DON'T MISS THIS TRYING THIS MODEL. YOU WON'T BE SORRY.

proud beetle owner
By pjrph on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely adore this little car. Not much rear room but perfect for one or two.

vw lover
By katie gerrard on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is such a sweet little car. Feels really solid and handles like one of the really spendy models. there's a ton of value here. This is the kind of car that you hang on to for years. The quality you would expect from a vw.

Cyber Bug
By cybergypsy on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this after having two bugs a 2000 TDI and a 2002 GLX...really wanted the turbo but i took this little bug for a test drive and fell in love... it handles great :)

Great Car, Poor Volkswagen Quality
By Kaye on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When I first got in my Beetle I smiled but after 1200 miles I had a frown. The front seats bolsters had premature wear on them!! I took it to the dealer they replaced them under warranty, but they are still showing some wear. The ride is smooth, it handles great(it is a little heavy) I love it. I am noticing that when you open the door and the window lowers a 1/4 inch it somtimes hangs on the roof when I close the door.

I finally got one!
By roniraes on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have wanted a beetle for 19 yrs and I finally have it! It was worth the wait. I love the way it handles and the ease of just dropping the top. I think everyone should have one excellent de-stressing tool. : )