2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
2004 New Beetle Convertible
By theecal on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Everything you are looking for in a fun, sporty, car can be found in this little gem. Volkswagen has definetly improved the quality of their cars and the Beetle by putting all the bells and whistles in this little roadster. Fun as a convertible or driving with the top up, you definetly are the eyecandy of the road no matter whom you pass. People will do "double-takes", take pictures, and just simply smile and wish it were "they" behind the wheel of your new car.

I'm the envy of 8 year olds =)
By ranchboat on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love, love, love this car! The kids are grown and gone and I gave the Expedition to the hubby and got a red/cream leather Turbo. I smile just looking at it. From the low price and good mileage (well, that I should get...if I didn't drive FAST everywhere..). The stereo rocks, and I love cranking the tunes, opening the sun roof and zooming along. It is solid and dependable and the 8 year olds on my street lined up for rides the day I got it. Who needs pretentious when you can have fun?

Classic VW
By grantp on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

VW has done it again,,, the return of the retro VW convertable is better then the old and still finds it's style rooted in the past classic..... all the mordern convience that technology has brought to auto's in a retro package,,,,, great job VW

My beetle
By A E Pearl on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have always driven, and bought expensive cars. I can not say that I have as comfortable or as happy with a new car as this Beetle Conv. Bought the turbo, and love it. By the way, my wife are not light weights either.

I love this car!
By kimwk on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Beetle. Got rid of a 2000 because of 3rd child on the way and hubby insisted "I" needed something bigger. I have a 2004 BMW 325i wagon that he now drives. I don't miss it a bit (well, maybe a little). I LOVE this car! So do the 3 kids!

Fun, Fun, Fun!
By mzsuz2u on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I am thoroughly enjoying my New Beetle convertible. I had wanted to get a New Beetle since they came out but due to circumstances I couldn't do it. Shortly after they came out with the convertible, I got a better paying job and went and got my car! I have to say, there's nothing that I dislike about this car. Handles great, has just enough power, has stylish looks and what else can be said about riding with the top down besides WOW! Everything about the car is perfectly thought out. I wouldn't change a thing about it if given a chance.

Best Fun Value All Around
By EddyB on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This bug is amazingly quiet with the top up and has minimal wind turbulence with the top down. Where this car departs from the rest of the herd is its amazingly smooth triptronic 6-speed automatic coupled to the quick/quiet turbo engine. The instrumentation is also one of the best, really like the blue/red lighting and the touch/feel of the controls are just the right size and everything is easily within reach. The editor knocked the car for rear- seat tightness, but who cares. . . my two wire-haired fox terriers love it! Fuel economy is fantastic and I have a heavy foot.

Engineers point of View
By Enigneer's Bug on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car to hand it over to a college student after the first year. I thought it would be fun but not for a middle aged professional engineer. I am delighted to announce the performance and overall product is outstanding.

get out the raid
By raid on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is the car for you....if you don't mind interior pieces coming of in your hands. I'm on a first name basis with the service manager at my dealership.... Center console has been replaced 3 times.Back seat electrical outlet has been replaced 5 times. Hood latch.....4 times. CD changer 2 times. Air bag sensor failed....took 4 months to get the part from Germany.

How can you NOT love it?
By JuneBug on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

It's the best car I've ever owned...next to my 1974 VW Thing! :O)