2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
love bug
By shirin on 12/27/08 09:28 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my beetle, and would keep it for the rest of my life. It has never given me any problems. I can rely on it to be my best freind and never has let me down. I did not have to spend a Penny on it so far... Never had any problems specially with Windows or airbag or others mentioned by other reviews.

Hate This Bug: Buyer Beware
By ekl on 12/03/08 13:41 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This was the car I always wanted. Although parts of the first two years of ownership were fun, overall this is the worst purchase I have ever made. I will NEVER buy another Volkswagen! I've owned this car for 4 1/2 years. In the last year, my bug has been towed into the dealership 3 times because it will not start, and I've shelled out $3,000 in repairs. I've had the seat handles replaced multiple times, the trunk will not open on the first try, the headlights short out constantly, etc. To date, I've had the following replaced: throttle body ($800), front airbag sensor ($450), alternator ($500), windshield ($350), front grill ($500). I know the bug is very cute, but don't buy this car!

Awsome
By missfrenchhorn on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I LOVE THIS CAR

2004 Bettle V.W.
By bobw007 on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What a fun car to drive! The built in flower vase is too cool! A step back in time to the era of the original V.W. I am 6'5 and a big man! I have more room in the front seat than a new cadillac! The seats lower and raise, go back and tilt. The dash lighting at night is just unreal! Purple and Vibrant red colors! The motorized roof is way too cool! Not only moves back & forth but up! Lot's of power in the standard engine, smooth shifting and fantastic handling on corners and turns. Very stable. These come loaded, I like the 4 air bags and seat belt ratings- a very safe car!

Out-of-touch Car Manufacturers
By Mr. B. E. Etle on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Uncomfortable back seat because of headroom; car much too low to the ground for pot holes and poor roads, interior falls apart (fourth beetle owned) colors boring - this is a fun car, and the same colors over and over, or shades of the same do not sell cars. But...... best design exterior appearance, excellent handling, best most comfortable seats. Also,hate unmovable new console, seat belts very hard to use. Most of the improvements on these new models stink. Who is designing these anyway? Why did they mess with a great car? Pay attention to my comments because I am a very loyal Volkswagen customer!!!!!

good looking poorly built
By hodad on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car breaks down incredilby easily. My starter failed as did my airbags.

New to VW
By Tierri on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like driving this car. I switched from a larger gas taking car to this auto. I'm also 6'4'' and have plenty of head room in this car. Since I'm the only one driving the car I don't have to worry about people sitting behind me. The car is very distinctive and has some get up. Definitely fun to drive. The included i- pod was a feature I didn't expect.

my beetle
By Diogo on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my New Beetle and I am planning to lease a new one when my old lease ends. I love the New Beetle looks.