2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
2004 VW Beetle GL Coupe
By jesmari on 08/24/06 20:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for the small unique design. It is fun to drive and has great stability. It is very reliable. The only con is a minor electrical fault in the airbag system. The system frequently gave a false alert of having problems, without there actually being a problem.

I love this car
By Holly on 06/14/06 16:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best car ever and even if I could have any car in the world I would still want this one!

Beetle, a Classic!
By Terdan on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great car!

Great
By Michael Cheeks on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has alot of geat features for such a great bargain. It rides wonderful and gets great gas mileage. If I get the chance to get another one I intend to do so.

Ethans Bug Forever!
By Sherry Trail on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my VW about a month ago. My son just loves it. It's new name is Herbie. It's his favorite car in the world. I just love everything about it. It rides like most luxury cars I have rode in. It's very comfortable to drive. I'm a small person and I just love to ride and drive it.

I love my new beetle!
By nicknmanda on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving my New Bettle it is so much fun!

Orange you a fun car?
By Bob Twofifty on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the car a month. It is a fun car to drive, and gets noticed. I ordered the Sundown Orange and it reminds me of a little hot rod. I had read reviews that the car was underpowered, but I have had no problems with pick-up or top end speed. All of the controls are well marked and easily operated. The GLS comes standard with alloy wheels, 4 wheel disc brakes, cloth interior and cassette deck. I added heated seats and a 6 disc player in the console and still paid under list. I've owned a lot of cars, both foreign and domestic and barring a major catastrophy, this is the best car I've ever owned.

I LOVE MY SLUG BUG
By BUGABOO on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE THE NEW BEETLE. IT'S THE FUNNEST CAR I HAVE EVER DRIVEN. WOULDN'T GIVE IT UP FOR ANYTHING, UNLESS ITS A BEETLE CONVERTIBLE!!! IT'S GOT A TON OF HEAD ROOM AND VERY ROOMY REAR SEAT. MY DAD IS 6'4" TALL AND RIDES COMFORTABLY IN THE BACK SEAT.