2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: 2003 Bug - Sunroof

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Review

GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2003 Bug - Sunroof
By Bragi on

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed driving my 2003 bettle ever since I purchased it. The interior and exterior are both great and it is a lot of fun to drive. The interstates in Louisiana are often warped because of the hot temperatures and the bug does not handle the bumps well at high speed, other than that I don't have any complaints. It is a very reliable vehicle. The bottom clearance is low for the vechicle so you have to watch out for that. The trunk space is small but adequate and the fold-back rear seats provide more room if necessary. I enjoy having the windshield further away from the driver as it gives a more spacious feeling.

The sunroof and flower vase are my favorite features. The steel body construction is also a nice feature.

Better shocks would be nice, if you have to drive over worn streets. More headroom in the back seat would also be an improvement. The stereo system is ok but I prefer satellite radio.