Used 2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

only three complaints!
By TiffieTu

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLX 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second new beetle in as many years. The first a 2000 GLX, I kept a year before VW of Amer. replaced it with a 2001 GLX, gratus. Car kept loosing power after coming to a stop and attempting to accelerate again. They spent a year trying to correct without success. New 2001 does the same thing and now they "own-up-to" it's "Turbo-Lag which all Turbos have and They can't do anything about it."

...Cars mileage has never been better than the infrequently twenty mpg.New battery after cars warranty ran out was $190.00 for replacment at !4,000 miles

Correct "Turbo-Lag"--- Correct their epa estimated mileage to a realistic 15 to 20 mpg and reduce their thieving battery replacement charge of $100 labor and 90.00 for the battery.

It a GREAT car
By Cricket Loftin

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had my "bug" for only about 5 months it is the best car i have ever had.I am only 18 but it will last me a lifetime. I would never give it up. I trust it.

My favoite features are the flower pot and the interior of the dash board.

i think that the seats could be made of something different b/c it stands very easy and it doesn't come out, but other than that nothing.

Hate It
By Dont buy a bug

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had more problems with this car than I had with my prior car that I had for 7 years. I have had the dashboard replaced twice, the stereo replaced 4 times, the keys replaced once. Also 2x in the last year the car didnt start, for no reason. Then when it did it, the entire dashboard was lit up, hence the 2x replacing the dashboard.

Its cute outside.

FIX THE RELIABILITY

My Volks
By teresa owens

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far I love my new Beetle The dealership also goes out of their way to make you happy. Seems that Volkswagon treats their customers different. Hubby and I have dealt with Chevorlet,Ford and Nisson Volkswagon has better customer service

Love my sunroof. Love how the car handles easy to drive even in this Atlanta traffic also like the fact I have four airbags

You can fold the seats down in the back but the front seats have to be pushed up too far to fold it flat. My family is too tall for that lol

2003 GLX Turbo Automatic
By Cutebug

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLX 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Love my car. Cutest thing on the road. Turbo gives the car a lot of pep. Smooth ride on the freeway.

Looks are great, interior dash lights are awesome, love the rain sensor wipers

Too much wind noise with the moonroof open. Disappointed with the gas mileage for a small car. Heated seats only work on the highest setting.