Used 2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

A bug I love to hate
By sam74

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car however the interior seats stain too easily. The paint is chipping off the interior door panels and door handles. Gunther VW repainted them at no charge. Headlight plastic cover came off for no apparrent reason while driving in Florida. The chip protectors are peeling off (cheap plastic film). Besides the cosmetic annoyances, I would definately purchase one again as it drives like a dream. Don't waste your money on the 2.0 turbo. Turbo lag, annoying sound of rear spoiler, and highprice tag. Will purchase a TDI next time around.

Exterior, engine, and comfort.

Interior plastic trim that chips off too easily. Headlights are a nightmare to fix. Seats stain from water spillage.

review
By Kimberlee

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a dream to drive and is always fun to be spotted in!

the metallic green color and flower vase

the dash board is a little long

Beetle Review
By PilotRicky

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive. Still gets smiles. Two airbags replaced already. One time check engine light kept coming on...was some module problem. Front turn signals have repeatedly messed up, (started blinking way too fast), dealer has never resolved the problem. Well built car, lots of fun. Needs the VR6 engine and all wheel drive to make it what I really want.

two way power sun roof, heated leather seats, heated mirrors and windshield squirters, STYLING! fit and finish are very good, and the handling is great..a joy to drive. Also, the fold down and fully removeable rear seat..gives it lots of room for our camping equipment.

Fix the electrical bugs that keep popping up. FOUR WHEEL DRIVE (AWD), more power! (VR6 engine). more color choices...but...especially give this thing ALL WHEEL DRIVE!

I Luv My Bug!!
By Chrissstine

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My only complaint is the cup holders... This is the first car I have ever owned that I wanted to keep immaculate..When the sunroof is open along with the side windows it feels like a convertible without the sun burning you up.... gas mileage..awesome....(I own a Surburban too!)...buy one you won't regret it..cheap to insure..it has a good safety rating...

Sunroof, Key thing to unlock doors along with panic button.. that you can close all your windows with the key..heated seats...excellent radio, cools off fast..I'm sure it will heat up fast too..the seats do..

to be able to fit a beach umbrella.. and more room to put a coffee cup. Also alittle higher with the arm rests and three seat belts in back.....

My Volks
By teresa owens

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far I love my new Beetle The dealership also goes out of their way to make you happy. Seems that Volkswagon treats their customers different. Hubby and I have dealt with Chevorlet,Ford and Nisson Volkswagon has better customer service

Love my sunroof. Love how the car handles easy to drive even in this Atlanta traffic also like the fact I have four airbags

You can fold the seats down in the back but the front seats have to be pushed up too far to fold it flat. My family is too tall for that lol