2003 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
b a vw bug
By debra e on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

4 words...I love my bug...If you like attention...buy this car. I am stopped at least once a day by someone telling my how cute it is.

Please do not buy - save yourself
By lpdjam on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car has been in the shop over 15 times in 8 months. The roof does not go up or down most the time. The windows don't go up and down some of the time. The conv. top cables, motor, computer sensor. The roof and electrical system are a total mess. Not even to go into the airbag light going on and not parts available to repair at this time.

my next car will be another "new beetle"
By Jose Diogo on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car so much that my next car will be an organe new beetle 2004. (maybe convertible...)

Everyone loves my car
By always a VW fan on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I was the first person in the city to purchase this car. I had been waiting for several years for it to come out. I love everything about this car. People are always shouting out thier windows at me about how much they love it too! My daughter and her friends love to ride it in. My daughter thinks she's getting it in 3 years - yeah right!

I love this car!
By Ron Bruce on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just sold my Audi 4000S which I had for 19 years. I was nervous about getting this New Beetle, but I took the plunge. Three months and 5,300 miles later, I am so delighted with it. Even though it has plenty of power, people do not expect it to be a hill climber or a speeder, and so I think it is cut some slack surveillance-wise.

Perfect 10!!!!!!
By Gadancegirl on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Best car ever! Love everything about it!

Driver Found!!!
By LvMyConvBug on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned my Vw Conv Bug for a couple of months now and so glad that I bought one. Everything about it is fun down to the cute vase. The colors are also what makes the car fun. I think everyone needs a bug.

A bug I love to hate
By sam74 on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car however the interior seats stain too easily. The paint is chipping off the interior door panels and door handles. Gunther VW repainted them at no charge. Headlight plastic cover came off for no apparrent reason while driving in Florida. The chip protectors are peeling off (cheap plastic film). Besides the cosmetic annoyances, I would definately purchase one again as it drives like a dream. Don't waste your money on the 2.0 turbo. Turbo lag, annoying sound of rear spoiler, and highprice tag. Will purchase a TDI next time around.

review
By Kimberlee on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car is a dream to drive and is always fun to be spotted in!

very happy beetle owners
By cybergreen on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

If you are going to buy a beetle, we recommend the diesel. Its worth the extra money! The reliability is worth it! The fuel is cheaper and we get 800 miles to a tank on a road trip. They are a bit more expensive to maintain, but in the long run you will get many, many more miles on your engine! The TDI resale value is fabulous. We are very happy with ours. Buy it to keep it for a long, happy driving experience.