2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Great Little Bug
By vance on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLX 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Just traded way down from my Porsche Targa to my new '03 Beetle Turbo S. We LOVE it! Goes like the dickens and I feel like a better citizen as well. Nobody hates Beetle drivers...EVERYBODY hates Porsche drivers.

great car
By dd on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

yesterday i got a 2000 vw new bettle but it is the same as 2003. i love that car you feel very comfortable when in it and the back seat really isnt that small two people can fit in it easily.

Displaces Mosquito as Most Annoying Bug
By Wolf S. Berg on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The four sources of Beetle mega- annoyance: The non-negotiable light switch; the auto locking system that cannot be overidden for more than 15 seconds; the keyless remote that requires a flashlight to operate after sundown; the BIG ONE -impossibility of removing dust from the fly paper- surface dash and cloth upholstery. what a mess! All unimportant but a constant pain.I only have 5K miles for C's sake.

I LOVE MY M&M
By SANDWOMAN on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the very best car in the world to own. For all of you granny's out there, we have a fun car to keep us young. This car is safe, fun and the grandchildren love it. As my granddaughter says........it is a happy car. I have had Lincoln's and Caddillac which can not even come close to the performance of the Beetle. I highly recommend this vehicle.

1.8T NEW BEETLE
By keebee133 on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

THIS IS VERY FUN CAR TO DRIVE. WE JUST GOT THE LIMITED EDTION BLUE ON BLUE AND BLACK SEATS. THE TURBO ENGINE PICKS UP QUICK, AND ON THE INSIDE IT IS THE BEST IN IT'S CLASS.

car4o's review
By car4o on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

buy a beetle because it is great! it drives nicely and it definatly saves gas. it is fun and cool. i love my beetle

VW NEW Beetle 2002
By Tina Bonham on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Fun car to drive. So far it's been very dependable, no problems with mechanics or other. Easy to drive. The drive of this car is very comfortable and solid. It is not noisy in the interior when driving on the highway. I have enjoyed this vehicle. I will have it forever, probably~ it's a classic!

Worth a look
By Rhino on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The wife always wanted a new beetle and now she has one. I made her get a black Turbo S.(LOL) Ok, now the review. Smooth shifting 6sp. Power band on the turbo S is great, no big bang just a good stream of power. Interior leather is great. Exterior is nice. I wish it was more different than the other beetles. I do like the exhaust tips. Dash seems way to big but you get use to it. Cup holders are a big problem. I like the route 44's from sonic and they will not fit right. We have a three year old and getting him in and out is not as bad as one might think. MPG could be better but my wife drives the car like she stole it.

a baby TT at an affordable price
By amalone on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have traded in a Corvette Z06 for a Turbo S and I am not sorry I did. Of course, I cannot compare horse power with a Corvette, but this baby TT does not disappoint anyone. With some modifications (sport springs and rear sway bar, lower profile tires and larger rims) I can compete for curves just like any sports car out there. And the different exterior does stand out in the crowd. Overall, I get a cheap car that is fully loaded and unique. Well worth the trade.

The new Bug is Incredible....
By Brandl on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Bug is an amazing little car. Its so spacish, very clean cut, and a nice look to the car.