Used 2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

AWESOME!!!
By KAPaquette

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLX 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I HAVE NEVER HAD SO MUCH FUN DRIVING! My Uni Red Bug with the Lifestyle Package leather interior is better than any other car I've driven. The performance is of the highest quality and the Turbo engine "kicks butt." My soon-to-be 17-yr.-old son complained about the car at first, but once he drove it, he was hooked. He'll go absolutely anywhere with me as long as he gets to drive. The car is sporty, comfortable, fun, roomy, sassy, and there's a surprising amount of room in the trunk!

Sunroof, lifestyle package, turbo engine.

I'm not too fond of the cup holders for large drinks, i.e. iced coffees, etc.

I love my Bug!
By BugLove

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLX 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My New Beetle has been absolutely wonderful. I have driven sports cars all my life, and I don't feel that they truly reflected who I am. They were fast, not very safe, and gas guzzlers. My new beetle however, is reliable, environmentally friendly, and very very cute.

airbbag for the driver and the passenger airbags in the sides good gas mileage low emissions vehicle sunroof mines a color concept car- blue exterior with blue door and seat panels on the interior

CD PLAYER--it would be nice for a CD player to be in the car already when you drive it off the lot, although min came with a free MP3 player

my next car will be another "new beetle"
By Jose Diogo

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car so much that my next car will be an organe new beetle 2004. (maybe convertible...)

fuel economy looks reliability

i little higher from the ground. I have hit the side lower part of my new beetle to the corner 02 times, because car is too low.

I love this car!
By Ron Bruce

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just sold my Audi 4000S which I had for 19 years. I was nervous about getting this New Beetle, but I took the plunge. Three months and 5,300 miles later, I am so delighted with it. Even though it has plenty of power, people do not expect it to be a hill climber or a speeder, and so I think it is cut some slack surveillance-wise.

Naturally it looks like a cartoon and makes me happy whenever I get into it. It has so much more power than the old Beetles and even my old Audi 4000S, that I feel totally satisfied. I do not understand the Car Talk radio program's reference to "unreliability."

One should be able to order upscale seats for even more comfort, and the dash should be designed to upgrade the stereo system. One should be able to get in dash CD, digital radio, etc.

Perfect 10!!!!!!
By Gadancegirl

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Best car ever! Love everything about it!

Everything, don't change a thing!

Nothing!!!!