2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Love my Beetle
By BugOff on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My convertible is black with black interior. I've had my nbc close to 2 months and I love the car. I know people complain that the 2.0 doesn't have enough power...it can be a little sluggish but nothing you can't deal with. The turbo sure would be nice though. Just wish I hadn't gotten black! Really hard to keep clean. The bugs love this car too which is a pain. Buying the car went smoothly. The people at the dealership were great. Overall a nice car...in my opinion.

Don't Buy it!!!!!
By CC1836 on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Do not buy this car!!!! I have had mine for 10 days. The roof malfunctioned and cracked the side of the car. After calling one dealership who wouldn't even look at it for week, I called customer service, they found a dealer willing to look at it, but who honestly told me it wouldn't do any good because the parts won't be available until mid-may.

LUVMYBUG
By M3Cats on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

New Beetle Convertible is fun to drive. Not the most powerful convertible on the market, but definately the funnest to drive. You cannot drive this car without someone rolling down their window to tell you how great the car looks.

NOT CUTE!
By bruintoo on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Really a fun car to drive. The turbo engine makes a difference when compared to the normally aspirated engine. The 6- speed tiptronic shifts imperceptively. The body is rigid with nary a cowl share or twisting. The 10 speaker monsoon powered system is strong. The backseats are narrow but still usable. The same goes for the trunk. It's such a wonderful care that you almost want to forget that it's too cute.

Gorgeous and fun to drive
By C.Scott on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2002 Turbo beetle, which I totally loved, for the 2003 convertible GLS 2 months ago. Absolutely gorgeous car, turns heads everywhere I go when the top's down, and SO MUCH FUN to drive! People scream "nice car" at me constantly, and I have to agree. I've been waiting 5 years for this car, and it really is worth the wait. I bought the galatic blue with tan interior - sharp combination. I totally love my car.

opened can
By gephart meinstroff on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

don't buy it, have had 4 problems with convertible top, no parts available.

Future Buyers Beware
By No drop top fun on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Silver 03 Convertible, transmission not working at time of delivery, fuel door quit working, top quit working twice. Currently, 3rd week without a working top. Yugo had better quality. At least you knew what you were buying. You will get more enjoyment out of a typical fast food drive up window than from VW customer service. This is my 3rd and final VW convertible.

shh...she thinks i'm a corvette....
By kiddlekat on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

my convertible is black with tan interior,named Ringo cause it's a beetle. i am really impressed with vw they have made a small car but with large car details (side airbags)the convertible is very roomy even the back (i have twin 13yrolds) is good not for long trips but for the beach and back it's great.

sweet
By Billy77 on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

w h a t a s w e e t c a r . I l o v e i t. :)

Mid-life Crisis Resolved
By CelticGreyhound on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Fell in love with this car immediately just on looks, but was completely sold when I test drove it. The 2.0 engine gives fine performance and really does have plenty of zip for the highway. The top operates easily and I'm just waiting for full blast spring to really have fun. A great price for a nifty baby boomer dream car. Even room in the back seat for a big dog (always use pet seat belts).