2003 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
bug
By Bettine on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

love this car great to drive and can carry lots with the hatch down! only draw back I've found is the placement of the cup holders you can't get anything bigger then a soda can. thinking they need to think about those big gulps from 7-11

Save your money!!
By Heather Boyd on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GL TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This is the worst car that I have ever owned. Repairs are as follows: Headlights 2 times,Disc brakes and rotors (at 30000 miles), Check engine light on constanly(costing $90.00 every time) EGR valve,Air dam,Brake switch,Fuel line freeze up at 25 degrees. Not to mention the 24/24 warranty.Dealer is tired of me coming back all the time. Save your money!!! Also... At 50000 miles it will cost you $500.00 to replace the timing belt.

A kick to drive, but...
By CAClaire on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car for fun, power & speed, & it delivers . However, there are drawbacks, some which aren't a problem for me (small cupholders), & some that are, especially the lack of sun protection on the side windows. Sunbelt residents beware. A really big disappointment - I just got back from a long trip that revealed APPALLING road noise! Forget using your nifty monsoon sound system unless you crank it up full blast, forget using your cellphone, forget a conversation with your travelling companion at any level lower than shouting. Bad, bad, bad.

I love it!
By bugsy on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GLX 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my first Volkswagen and I am so glad I bought a bug. A yellow one at that. Everyone says it is so perfect for me and it is so much fun to drive.

This car rocks!
By El Guapo on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just got the new Lifestyle package in Blue Lagoon. The blue and black leather seats are awesome and the turbo eats up these hills in Austin. Owner of a 1972 beetle and it is amazing how far these cars have come.

window problems
By dori on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have owned new cars for over 30 yrs - the new vw beetle convertable is the most fun and best fitting car i have owned. it hugs the road and is great on turns. unfortunetly i have had it back to the dealer 3 times for a rear window problem - the dealer scratched the inside panel and had to send it to the body shop to be re-painted then buried the metal clip to the seat belt inside the panel! while i am love my car, i am very unhappy about it spending so much time in the shop for these "annoyances"(4times total in 6 months) i have always owned new cars in order to avoid these problems.

AWESOME!!!
By KAPaquette on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GLX 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I HAVE NEVER HAD SO MUCH FUN DRIVING! My Uni Red Bug with the Lifestyle Package leather interior is better than any other car I've driven. The performance is of the highest quality and the Turbo engine "kicks butt." My soon-to-be 17-yr.-old son complained about the car at first, but once he drove it, he was hooked. He'll go absolutely anywhere with me as long as he gets to drive. The car is sporty, comfortable, fun, roomy, sassy, and there's a surprising amount of room in the trunk!

shoes
By melsybelsy on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

it's a cool car

I LOVE THIS CAR!
By poo007 on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the best!! It drives smooth and cool!This should be the only car available to the public!

I love my Bug!
By BugLove on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GLX 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My New Beetle has been absolutely wonderful. I have driven sports cars all my life, and I don't feel that they truly reflected who I am. They were fast, not very safe, and gas guzzlers. My new beetle however, is reliable, environmentally friendly, and very very cute.