2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
A total BLAST
By Kevin Smith on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

A great car. Its my wifes main source of transportation and we have two kids. Its working out great. We just aren't SUV people. Build quaility was great. Performance is impressive.

#8 and still liking 'em
By bigfoot16 on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it for my wife and can't get it away from her she loves it. We've had good experances with our vw's and this one is no exception. Fun to drive and the performance has picked up since getting a few miles on car and changing to synthtic oil, gas milage around 32 on highway. by the way I drive a 2002 GTI 1.8 with chip and some other mods.

convertable top
By stu on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

dont buy this car until vols fixes their problems with the new top. mine goes up and down but you cannot always latch the top at the windshield. they tell me to let it sit in the sun. not the best answer when it starts to rain and you cannot get it to close. dealership has no idea how to fix

problems
By Cookie on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

gas door quit working twice; driver's window rattled and was fixed; next day, same window shattered mostly in the door; left windows almost close but back goes back down; we've spent more time at the dealer's than we had hoped we would; makes you wonder what is going to happen next time;

My dream car
By colinator on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I keep forgetting that those cute guys aren't looking at me anymore, but the car!!! I use the car every day, and it got me through the blizzard and rain just fine. Now I am just waiting to use the best feature - skyline view, a little more often. The top goes up and down in a breeze (pardon the pun). Trunk space - there is enough for a trip to a shopping mall, but not much else. But that's what borrowing your friend's SUV is for anyway.

number 1 car review (volkswagon beetle)
By shocker1029 on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is the best car you could ever have! I think the 2003 Volkswagon Beetle Convertible should get a perfect ten on both style and performance. I fell in love the minute I first layed eyes on this perfect car.

Tangerine
By Trixiebaby on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a new Beetle convertible to replace my 1998 VW Cabrio, with 130,000 miles on it. Honestly, I was quite nervous making this purchase, in light of the recent quality control problems and past poor reliability of this model, at least in the hardtop model. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! So far, the car has been a joy - only downside is that the top is a little hard to secure when putting it back up.

tops with no top
By beetlemom on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Best car overall ever. fun reliable suprising roomy with the exception of the trunk which is just an extension to my pocketbook. Good pick-up great with the top down, easy to use. Poor visablility with the top up in the back left and right hand corners due to small rear window, but NO prob with top down!!!!!!! BeepBeep!

NEW BEETLE GLX CONVERTIBLE
By DAVE on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

JUST PICKED UP A GLX TURBO CONVERTIBLE THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO BUY. I DROVE THE 2.0 NOT ENOUGH GET UP AND GO TO PURCHASE ONE FOR FUN. THIS CAR HAS LOTS OF ROOM, HANDLES VERY WELL AND IT IS A REAL LOOKER. THE ONLY COMPLAINT THUS FAR IS THE CONVERTIBLE BOOT COVER LATCH NOT THE BEST DESIGN, MADE OF PLASTIC AND SHOULD BE STAINLESS STEEL.

LOVE THIS CAR!
By Halvorson on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We love this car. It drives like a dream and is a real head turner.