2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Driver Found!!!
By LvMyConvBug on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned my Vw Conv Bug for a couple of months now and so glad that I bought one. Everything about it is fun down to the cute vase. The colors are also what makes the car fun. I think everyone needs a bug.

Its has a few faults but its about LOVE!
By Beetleboy on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my aquarius blue convertible for 5 months now. I love the car. It is fun to drive, people notice you, young and old love this car. I had problems with my air bag light that won't go off and windows that will not go back up under the convertible top. It has been to the service dept several times for these problems. They are happening less frequent now. My dealership and service advisor have been great. They bend over backwards to please me. I finally broke the 30 mpg barrier after 4500 miles.These are little problems people have. This car is great to drive!! Oh, by the way, this is my 3rd VW and I will continue to buy them.

New Rag Top
By Beth 66 on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Great car, fun to drive, lots and lots of looks from other jealous drivers. The top is very easy to put up and down and does not leak!

Car Review
By Firemansgal on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is a great, fun little car. I have Mellow Yellow & people wave or say they love my car wherever I go! This is NOT a low profile vehicle! It's a great head turner!

I love my bug!
By GreyLear26 on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my bug convertible! It is a great little car. It is fun to drive, pretty economical considering fuel cost. I just love it. I look forward to it getting cooler here in Phoenix, so it will be more conformable to drive with the top down.

not baby friendly but still good.
By chicloso on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Beetle is a very good car overall, with only a few annoying quirks. The ride is sporty, yet supple where it needs to be. Very easy to control. Just try to get it on 3 wheels or to spin out of control...it ain't easy. Braking is top of the line & out performs most Japanese cars & many domestics. No one can match the headroom, not even a truck,unless your in a convertible. Power windows,locks,alarm,sideairbags,heated seats,etc are standard. It has an excellent safety record too. Beetle has a solid feel to it.

I luv tha Beetle
By Michele Pitkoff on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love this car . It is so comfortable to drive and fun to drive.

My Blue Bug
By dcrane on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

It was my 50th B'day present - - what a surprise - - it has turned heads on the streets now for 5 months

Love it, but had a big problem
By NeilS on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLX 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Amazing engineering and design for such a small car, lots of fun to drive. Turbo has a lot of power, but lags when starting from dead stop. I had a BMW 325is, and this car drives a lot like it. For the $, I don't think you can beat it, especially if you're looking for a four seater convertible. But.... I had a defective slave cylinder that caused the clutch to burn up after 3300 miles, and the car broke down on the NJ Turnpike. Warranty covered it, it's all fixed and working great, but I have to question reliability when I break down so soon.

fun to drive
By jbrum0205 on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car for my wife, and she just loves it. She likes how easy the top goes down. She says that it's easy to close too. Now I like how it handles. My two girls just love it. They're already fighting how's going to get it.