2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
love my car
By kvarias on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

enjoying any time w/my beetle

vw beetle-they're greeeeeeeeat
By smea on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

great car, it is a blast to drive and it is pretty to look at

i love it
By gofyourself on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLX 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

its great but i wish a cd player came stock with the car other then that i love it

Awesome
By Buddygirl on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome car guys. Keep up the good work. Blue lagoon on VW looks awesome. try it out

Couldn't be better
By toconnell on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Okay, so I bought a "new" Beetle in 2001. I have enjoyed every mile I have driven, from commuting in the city to long trips. It holds an amazing amount of equipment with the back seat folded down, and gets super mileage. Even loaded with my best friend, her dog, my dog, and gear for a weekend camping, the car can pass anything going uphill. A marvelous machine!

Best Little Mouse that roared...
By nicastepper on 11/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Ok, first my bias. I have loved these things ever since Herbie hit the screen well, way back when... That said, when I purchased this car, I was looking for two things: a car that would handle well and have some power without too much cost in mileage estimates and a car that would be extremely comfortable for someone that has a hard time finding that in any car. The Beetle met both of my requirements and continues to do so after 5000 miles of 100 mile per day driving. I have seen several stories of people having quality problems with this vehicle but I have yet to see that in mine.

Counterbalance to bad reviews
By zenpuppy on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had my bug for over 2 yrs and I still love it! It is almost the most comfortable car that I've been in. It picks up on the freeway 60 mi in 10 sec. It's like driving a sportscar without being crammed in. It's extremely user friendly and has a personality of its own. You won't believe how much will fit in this seemingly small car. I've had the power window stuck while it was still on warranty. You should check users' website and read how much most people love their beetles. Just drive one and you won't be able to walk away from it.

I love mine
By Goodspeed on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The dealership has been amazing. So far no warrenty problems or anything at all. The car is flawless. It has a beautifully appointed interior with two tone leather, heated seats and sunroof. it has 180HP 6spd and is good for 6.6 0- 60. This car is no slouch

Good, but not great
By York on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was expecting more from VW. Though my Beetle was a fine car by all standards, it didn't offer much that was great. The second row was very cramped, and the side-view mirrors were a pain-- they gave a blindspot. It was, however, quite interesting to own.

Bleck
By Michael Pollack on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The interior rattles are ridiculous, and the dealers that I have brought it to have not fixed them and do not seem to care. It has had rattles from day 1, and the dealers have only made it worse, or simply lied about serivce that was not actually performed. It has been disappointing, and I cannot wait to get rid of it. It's cute and that is about all it has going for it. Forget about picking up more than one person at the airport.