2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
6 years of Reliability
By Karlos on 06/21/09 20:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Diesel GLS TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This is one of the best and most reliable car I have ever owned. Special Ordered before the big gas crisis. I can count on my hand how many times this car has been to the dealer for unscheduled service. First 100 miles the waterpump failed and was replaced without any hassles. Second time was due to the city of Chicago not posting any hazard warning for street work, destroying the bottom oil pan at 40,000 miles. The other times for regular wear and tear over the span of time.You will not be disappointed.

Rock solid!
By Thokas on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

In the year and a month I have owned this car, it's brought me nothing but smiles and enjoyment. The turbodiesel engine is smooth, quick, and rather quiet. The power comes on strong and keeps coming until redline. It's a great highway cruiser and long-distance traveller. Why go hybrid? Get a TDI! It's more fun!

very happy beetle owners
By cybergreen on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

If you are going to buy a beetle, we recommend the diesel. Its worth the extra money! The reliability is worth it! The fuel is cheaper and we get 800 miles to a tank on a road trip. They are a bit more expensive to maintain, but in the long run you will get many, many more miles on your engine! The TDI resale value is fabulous. We are very happy with ours. Buy it to keep it for a long, happy driving experience.

18 Wheeler VS. Beetle
By BugDieselVW on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I was hit by any 18 wheeler and the car's protective features really did a super job. I survived the crash with only a few bumps and bruises. Even the windows stayed in tact. I loved my Bug before but now I am in love.

LOVE MY BUG!!!!!!
By iam294evr on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is the ultimate nostalgia car for anybody who fell in love with the original Bug model. My first car was a '68 VW bug and it just rusted out before a cross-country move I made. This remake of the VW Bug more than satisfies my desire to drive a Bug again. With all the cool, up-to-date features VW offers, it is second to none!! The diesel fuel option was a huge selling point for me as my former car was a conversion van. The contrast is stunning!! It is a very, very fun car to drive!

Cool Vehicle
By Mr. Magoo7 on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Bug is fun to drive and handles very well. Plenty of power. I am getting 40 mpg in the city and Close to 50 mpg highway.

Best Car I've Had!!!
By TDI on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car!!! It get sweet gas mileage!!! The design is awesome!!! Dealership was great. No complaints!!! VW nice jobe :-)