2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
A nice Bug
By Ally on 05/25/06 18:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The pros: Fun with top down, people love to look at it, reliable, zippy power, vinyl no dead cows to sit on, windsheild is not in your face, lots of head room. Some things that disapoint me: The stupidly short sun visor that doesnt even cover 1/4 of the window to block the sun from the side. I had to get one of those kids sun shades that suctions to the giant side window. The seats are not made for long rides or if you have any kind of back trouble. The pedals are high so if you are tall, its hard to get comfortable. I still have trouble adjusting to the seat, doesn't go back far enough. The back seat is for kids only, it has no comfort. I like the car overall but the comfort is poor. Not it is not for old people.

so darn cute!!!
By remark on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We had to have this car!!! It is our fun car, just tooling around the city, whether it be errands or a evening drive. We just absolutely love it. The turbo is a must have, since the pick up is amazing. We love the sound system and added the six disc cd changer (although it was ridiciously priced).

A total BLAST
By Kevin Smith on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

A great car. Its my wifes main source of transportation and we have two kids. Its working out great. We just aren't SUV people. Build quaility was great. Performance is impressive.

opened can
By gephart meinstroff on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GLS 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

don't buy it, have had 4 problems with convertible top, no parts available.