Used 2003 Volkswagen New Beetle GL Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

window problems
By dori

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have owned new cars for over 30 yrs - the new vw beetle convertable is the most fun and best fitting car i have owned. it hugs the road and is great on turns. unfortunetly i have had it back to the dealer 3 times for a rear window problem - the dealer scratched the inside panel and had to send it to the body shop to be re-painted then buried the metal clip to the seat belt inside the panel! while i am love my car, i am very unhappy about it spending so much time in the shop for these "annoyances"(4times total in 6 months) i have always owned new cars in order to avoid these problems.

I LOVE THIS CAR!
By poo007

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the best!! It drives smooth and cool!This should be the only car available to the public!

Favorite Features

Great seats and design. Love the convertibility. It's so cool.

Suggested Improvements

NOTHING!!!

b a vw bug
By debra e

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

4 words...I love my bug...If you like attention...buy this car. I am stopped at least once a day by someone telling my how cute it is.

Favorite Features

convertible top/CD player

Suggested Improvements

convertible top needs to be more solid in construction. It is a little noisey.

A Breath of Fresh Air
By Buglover

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Shortly after purchasing my bug, I made plans to drive from Chicago to California. A solo trip with diversions north and south of the direct route. I travelled through 13 states, through many twisting mountain passes and boiling deserts, and this car was atreat to drive! Tight turns on hairpin corners-she held at three times the recommended speed. National parks with a 360 degree view with the top down! Close enough to pet the buffalo at Custer State Park in SD. My bug handled the snow and off road terrain at Crazy Horse Monument. My 6CD changer and Monsoon sound system blasted and relieved other drivers from my questionable singing voice.

Favorite Features

I bought my bug in the winter in Chicago-so first I would say how warm I was-heated seats!!!!Handled great in the snow! Love the Monsoon sound system.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would wish for is the Turbo-she's a little sluggish at the start-and PLEASE-longer sun visors!!!

convertable top
By stu

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

dont buy this car until vols fixes their problems with the new top. mine goes up and down but you cannot always latch the top at the windshield. they tell me to let it sit in the sun. not the best answer when it starts to rain and you cannot get it to close. dealership has no idea how to fix

Favorite Features

peepy and great fuel mileage-25-35mpg

Suggested Improvements

make the top close like it should. even when i can get it to work it is very hard to latch. my wife would not be able to use this car.