2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
I LOVE THIS CAR!
By poo007 on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the best!! It drives smooth and cool!This should be the only car available to the public!

window problems
By dori on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have owned new cars for over 30 yrs - the new vw beetle convertable is the most fun and best fitting car i have owned. it hugs the road and is great on turns. unfortunetly i have had it back to the dealer 3 times for a rear window problem - the dealer scratched the inside panel and had to send it to the body shop to be re-painted then buried the metal clip to the seat belt inside the panel! while i am love my car, i am very unhappy about it spending so much time in the shop for these "annoyances"(4times total in 6 months) i have always owned new cars in order to avoid these problems.

b a vw bug
By debra e on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

4 words...I love my bug...If you like attention...buy this car. I am stopped at least once a day by someone telling my how cute it is.

A Breath of Fresh Air
By Buglover on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Shortly after purchasing my bug, I made plans to drive from Chicago to California. A solo trip with diversions north and south of the direct route. I travelled through 13 states, through many twisting mountain passes and boiling deserts, and this car was atreat to drive! Tight turns on hairpin corners-she held at three times the recommended speed. National parks with a 360 degree view with the top down! Close enough to pet the buffalo at Custer State Park in SD. My bug handled the snow and off road terrain at Crazy Horse Monument. My 6CD changer and Monsoon sound system blasted and relieved other drivers from my questionable singing voice.

convertable top
By stu on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

dont buy this car until vols fixes their problems with the new top. mine goes up and down but you cannot always latch the top at the windshield. they tell me to let it sit in the sun. not the best answer when it starts to rain and you cannot get it to close. dealership has no idea how to fix

LOVE THIS CAR!
By Halvorson on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible GL 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We love this car. It drives like a dream and is a real head turner.