Fun little car with great mpg
By mishka1012 on
2002 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)
I've had this car for couple month now and I drive everywhere on it. Even though mine was rebuilt from the ground up after an accident not shown on carfax and it was rebuilt from junk and old parts and silicone glue it holding up marvelously. I mostly drive everything it got out of this little car and let me say it's not just faster than most four cylinders on the road. It beats some v6's because it's stik and it only got 100hp! But I still manage to get 45 mpg consistently, never got less but once got 55 mpg on biodiesel and light driving style (speed limit and slow acceleration tryoing to stay in 5th gear at all speeds (even 30 mph)+ rolling down the hill). the rest sucks alot.
Favorite Features
Mpg, reliability, stick shift, suspension, decent preformance for a 4 cylinder, TDI, verry roomy interior for the front people, looked verry cool on the road. Aero dynamic stays on the ground at 100+mph. Whenever I floor it I get a smoke screen behind me lol. Super cheap to drive literally more than twice the savings comparing to gas cars and supposedly runs verry long miles.
Suggested Improvements
Cheap plasticks break everywhere, sensors go out alot gave up on replacing them. Tdi takes a few minutes to warm up, wrong wheel derive i'd love this car in rear wheel drive. Exterior bumpers rip appart upon lightest impact, have to get driver side mirror helper, big blind spot, suckish stereo.