2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: Perfect for ME!!!

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Review

Perfect for ME!!!
By kmck1083 on

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car from a dealership in 2005. It had one previous owner, and that was a lease. The car had 28,000 miles from the three years of ownership. I've taken this car on road trips and drive it mostly back and forth for work/school and I LOVE it! I'm an average sized, young female and it fits well. It's easy to drive and shifting is a breeze. No sticky gears or clutch problems.

FUEL ECONOMY!!!! It is amazing that I can drive 50-100 miles and use under a quarter of a tank. I fill up every two weeks. I love the seat warmers and the hatchback is very convenient. When the seats are down, there's quite a bit of space.

Longer sun visors! The barely cover half the window when you move it to the side. The blue dash lights are nice, but when the display lights go out, they are expensive to fix. Oh, and the rear CD changer sucks. Sometimes it doesn't read, and it skips really badly in cold weather. Replace it!