2002 Volkswagen New Beetle 1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - My former dream car

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Review

My former dream car
By Scott on

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle GLX 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I wrote a review titled "my dream car" about a month and a half ago. Ignore it! I sold this vehicle last week because of the multitude of problems. I had it in the shop 17 times in 10 weeks. You read that right, 17 times in 10 weeks. I litterly had the car 4 days a week because the dealer had it the rest of the time. I am now $1,162.16 in debt just from fixing the car and I am 19 years old. It was my worst nightmare. I replaced 2 ignition coils, the alignment went out 3 times, spark plugs, window cables, oil changes, O2 sensors that "a squirrel ate" through. Oh and VW did not cover it because it was not a defect in the car. Just for the sensor it was $320.00!

Favorite Features

Well when I had the vehicle in my possesion, I liked the Turbo. At the end of my ownership, I hated everything about it and I hated driving it!

Suggested Improvements

To any one who thinks about buing this car, DONT!!! I was naive and bought this car believing that all of the reviews I read were all nonsense. I felt like moving into the car dealer since I was there so much! VW, stand behind your products and put your money wear your mouth is!