2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: Mostly Good

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Review

Mostly Good
By Heatherdear on

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

For the most part, my Beetle was a good car. It was small, easy to park, fun to drive, and got fairly good gas mileage. However, it seemed like every 4-5 months it had to go to the shop to get worke on because something went wrong. I went to the Post Office once and when I went to leave, the brake sensor went out so the car wouldn't recognize that I had my foot on the brake so I couldn't take the car out of park. It had to get the coils on several cylinders replaced multiple times. There were other issues as well but I still enjoyed the car. I can honestly say that in a bad accident, the has great safety features, providing miniscule injuries.

I really liked the flower vase because it was a neat thing to have. I liked that they brought the Beetle back, that it was small, and that it handled very well. I liked that it was automatic and it seemed to have a lot of character.

I believe that Volkswagen could have worked a little harder to make the car a little more reliable and have fewer problems. Also, making the interior a different color would be beneficial as children and tan seats and carpet are not a good combination.