2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: it's mediocre

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Review

it's mediocre
By slb805 on

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So I bought the car and initially it ran fine, but over the two years I've owned it, things have begun to break down. The passenger window screeches when I roll it down, it gobbles up oil and gas. I have to put oil in it every 3 wks or so its a rare occasion when the engine light is off. It's an automatic, but the transmission shifts very funky it lurches sometimes and lately has been making weird noises when idling its fun to drive when it puts out but unfortunately that is becoming less and less. It seems like 1/2 the ppl who own a beetle love it & the other 1/2 absolutely hate it! I think I'm growing to be the half that is displeased don't be fooled don't buy the car because its "cute"

flower holder, trunk, hatchback is convenient

Longer visors! And to figure something else out for the cup holders, the way they are the designed is the stupidest design i've ever seen. i have two cup holders in the front, but can only use one b/c the genius that designed it doesn't know how to take measurements.