I LOVED this car, just too small...
By Nicolle on
2002 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I absolutely adored this car. She was gun-metal grey and I named her Judy, after Judy Jettson. Also lovingly called her the bubble-mobile because EVERYTHING inside is round or rounded. Super fun to drive, very reliable, very comfortable. But it did some weird stuff, as do all my vehicles. The overheat light kept coming on, even when I'd first start it up. Then it would go off. Then come back on. Eventually I was driving on the highway and it severely overheated, melted the head gasket and there was anti-freeze in the oil. Ridiculous. I had thought the light was malfunctioning, not the cooling system. Only complaint about it is that any time something went wrong, it was EXPENSIVE to fix!
Favorite Features
Comfortable, heated seats, everything was automatic, fully loaded car w/sunroof, awesome! Cute and fun, easy to drive, VW has some really cool features in their cars, highly recommended if you can afford it when they break.
Suggested Improvements
Really, VW engineering is amazing. I would say make the warranty longer and cover more. Like 100,000 instead of 50,000. Fuel door actuator broke, as well as driver's side indicator telling the car that the door was open, so it would lock after 1 minute if you didn't start it. Annoying!