2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: half and half not creme de la

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Review

GLS 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 4-speed Automatic)

half and half not creme de la creme
By gypcbug on

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

My VW was a celebratory purchase after I pd off a 5yr on a "conservative grey" sedan. Happy "new" car for my new home. Luckily, I kept the boring car too. The VW served me well becoming my primary vehicle including a long job commute. Its great for road trips as mpg is great. The fun factor is huge. The exterior looks new even @ 123K. I needed a catalytic converter @ 80K w/a cost of $1200. The trans slips & I was quoted $3K. She will be parked non-op while I live w/my monthly payment. The interior falls apart in plastic chunks, all cup holders are gone & my door pull fell off. The rt window sticks & the trunk latch catches. The air bag light has never been off. Overheating,Oil guzzling baby.

I bought it for the retro rounded attractive looks & as mentioned, the car still looks new. I have driven the heck out of this car so I can not complain. I am disappointed with the cheap interior plastics. Fun to drive, easy parking, convenient around town, great cargo space in that little trunk.

Interior plastics, wish I could have better monitored the transmission fluid with out a mechanic...I always replenish this on my own with other vehicles. Electrical is wacky. Cupholder Design is poor.