238000 miles
By Rose on
2002 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)
To all the skeptics: sit down and read this! 238,000 miles on my TDI Beetle. No major engine issues. Serviced regularly: oil change every 6k; 20k/40k's; 60k's timing belt. Tire rotation every 5-8k on the best Mich. Destiny's. 3 complaints: seats are not made for comfort, what's up with the head light lenses falling out:replaced 5 times and rear seat is not for passengers with legs. Had to put her to rest this week. A ford driver with bald tires had a blow out on the mountain, swerved to miss her, slammed into guard rail. Saved a life, yet totaled my new beetle. Gonna miss her. If you have in-laws or pals that say you should sell your TDI...DON'T LISTEN!..There just jealous of your mpg!
Favorite Features
VaVaVoom! No slug bugs here folks. TDI rules! Eat my fumes as I blow by you. If you wanna race, you'll lose... sorry if you bought a gas engine, you're cute and all but have the fuel economy of the average American car... long live the TDI! Love the cargo space when you remove the rear seat! WOW!
Suggested Improvements
Improve the adhesiveness of your head lamp gasket and it may not fall out! Seriously, recall that item already. Redesign on the headlamp is needed.