2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: Forever in Love or a Great Fit

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Review

Forever in Love or a Great Fit
By B. Donaldson on

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new Beetle, I bought one previously in 1973, I had it for fourteen years. When the new Beetle came out I was floored. I was totally, decidedly, definetely in love again. I drive about three hours a day both ways, I'm comfortable. Setting the seat to fit is extremely easy, it still fits me perfectly. The front window is wide, and my other half, who is 6'2", drives it and he's able to set the seat to fit him width and leg length, he had to admit, it had more room then he imagined. The seats are awesome comfortable especially with the built in lumbar back. I'd recommend the new Beetle to any and everyone, thanks for a great ride.

Favorite Features

I like the wide windows, lumbar back cushion in each seat, ability to move seat up and down with ease, handling capability on curves and how it knows when to slow up and ease into a speed up. It's tight and has no outside noise. Last but not least, the flower holder is a great touch. Herbie would be proud.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing i'd like to be able to do is bring it into a VW dealer and have a professional color change, without destroying the original finish.