2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: And I thought it would be nice

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Review

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback

And I thought it would be nice
By Jennifer on

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car and initially loved it! That is until two weeks later my ENTIRE computer system went out. No radio, no odometer, nothing. I took it to the dealership they fixed it. Maybe three months after that my windows started to break. They wouldn't roll back up. So once I again I took it to the dealership and they fixed it. Then the computer system went out again. This time I had no alarm and no DOOR LOCKS! Talk about needing to get it rushed in. Nope, I had to wait two weeks to get it fixed. My last problem was the radio. It went into safe mode and the passenger seat belt wouldn't fasten. Sure they fixed it, but it sure is a hassle to get to a dealership and just leave your car for two days. Overall this is a poor quality car.

I love the speed. It really gets up and goes. I also love my heated seats and sunroof and the functioning spoiler.

Besides better quality, better cupholders, better dealer service, and speedier service. I don't think I'll ever own a Volkswagen again. I'm in the market for a new car now and the Cadillac CTS is looking nice.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review