2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Beetlemania
By thegretsch@aol.com on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLX 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great,no problems except brake dust on rave rims. gets dirty fast I'm trading it in for the convertible...

Zoom Zoom!!!
By Evan Weiner on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

This car is great. it has wonderful turbo power. mine did 0-60 in 7.1 seconds. there is a straight away across the street from where i live. thsi car is very luxurious and fun. the premium sound system rocks. its just a great car!

Experience!!
By JHILTON on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Surprisingly the vehicle handles like a much bigger car. It hold the road very well at top traffic speed. It is a flashy, fun to drive big car in a little car body.

So I bought another!
By SilverBlur on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 1.8T 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second New Beetle (I bought a 98 when they first came out). What a great car! Between the two (and there's not much difference beyond the engine) I have driven it from Washington to Los Angeles, from Florida to Nova Scotia, and 92,000 miles beyond. The New Beetle is par none one of the most comfy around-town and cross- country small cars. None of the aching back and butt you usually get after a few hours on the road. Well-placed controls, a full-size spare, and a Monsoon sound system make for an all around great experience.

I beat you with a bug! ha
By Chase on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

this car rocks, smoked a rsx type s and most other honda appliances, engine has mad potential. fun to drive.period. excelent quality

Its the 'Little Things"
By AngiMen on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this in the end of 2000. Although I find it adorable, this model still needs a little 'tweaking'. I have had problems with the windows (passanger side broke), fuel tank lid, ignition, radio/cassette, oil is used up fairly rapidly and the oil sensor never went on. Will be taking it in for an 'oil consumption test'to see what is up. If it werent for the little 'glitches' this car would be perfect! Its just the little things. I'd still buy another one, but a Turbo.

Great car. Fund to drive.
By fredric on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have not had any problems with this car, and mine is actually a 2000 beetle and I have 30,000 miles on it. There was one recall for a feul sensor, but they fixed this within 24 hours. The only thing that would make me change cars is hybrid technology. Great, responsible, fun car.

Turbo S
By Joy on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The turbo s is a luxury car in a small package. It's a dream to drive with power to boot.

Stuff
By kittykim727890 on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback Turbo S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

THe car is perfect for me.

turbo S new beetle
By turbos on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

absolutely luv it!!!